AoO while prone?

TracerBullet42

First Post
Can a prone PC engaged in melee make an AoO if the enemy leaves the adjacent square? I see nothing in the rules to suggest that the PC cannot, as long the PC has a melee weapon in hand or otherwise threatens the square. However, it just feels kinda...icky.

We ruled tonight that the PC can, indeed, make the AoO when the enemy flees the square. Upon looking further for the rules, I didn't find an answer.

So where is the rule? I know it's got to be there somewhere...can someone point out my ignorance, please?

Mr. Kaze

First Post
If a large character squeezed in a medium-ceiling area goes prone (thus making 'em shorter), are they no longer squeezed because they are prone (resulting in a bonus vs ranged weapons, all else being equal, which is not the intent of being prone in combat) or do the two conditions stack in a bizarre and impossible to visualize kind of way (which would probably give more accurate numbers for the situation, but really makes no sense)?

::Kaze (had a troll PC bring this up. Large mistake.)

shilsen

Adventurer
Mr. Kaze said:
If a large character squeezed in a medium-ceiling area goes prone (thus making 'em shorter), are they no longer squeezed because they are prone (resulting in a bonus vs ranged weapons, all else being equal, which is not the intent of being prone in combat) or do the two conditions stack in a bizarre and impossible to visualize kind of way (which would probably give more accurate numbers for the situation, but really makes no sense)?

::Kaze (had a troll PC bring this up. Large mistake.)
In this situation, I'd remove the squeezed penalty and switch to the prone one, which is similar but not the same.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases