Send Eric's Grandma a Postcard!

EricNoah

Adventurer
You all know about "Eric's Grandma," right? She's one of the driving forces behind the great community feeling here at EN World. By using her attitude as a guide, I was able to establish a simple ground rule that has worked on these forums for years.

She doesn't know much about the Internet or D&D or EN World, but she knows a lot about treating people with respect and yet letting people have their conversations and not butting in too much. By pretending that she was around, reading the forums, folks understood what level of profanity, crude talk, rudness, etc. we would tolerate. My values, the ones I tried to show in the way I ran the forums, in many ways are a reflection of hers.

Last summer someone gave me the idea that it might be fun to see if we could get a whole bunch of people to send "Eric's Grandma" post cards. Well, I think the time is right. She's spending the winter with my parents while she has some medical treatments, and I think she'd love to see tons of cool postcards. It would make her holiday season a lot more cheerful.

So, here's the scoop: If you would like, please send a post card to:

Nettie Hoguieson
c/o Cheryl Noah
3164 Co Rd N
Boyceville, WI 54725

Can I give you some tips, hints, suggestions?
1) Assume she knows about EN World (I'll make sure she's filled in).
2) If you're timing it for the holidays a holiday greeting would be appropriate.
3) The cards will be screened before she gets them so ... you know... :)
4) When selecting a post card, I bet she'd love to see "geographical" cards -- highlighting some famous place or the terrain of your state or country.
5) If you have a thought about how your time at EN World has been improved by "having her around," even metaphorically, I'm sure she'd love to hear that sort of thing.
6) You may address her as Mrs. Hoguieson or Nettie.

Thanks, folks -- I'm looking forward to hearing what she thinks about all of this when they start rolling in! :)

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I call administrative fiat! Eric's Grandma has inadvertently done so much for us, we should do something for her - so I'm moving this into General Discussion. What a great idea. :D

Last edited:

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I'll be sending one off. I'm going to address her as Mrs. Hoguieson though (Rather than Nettie).

Having felt her wrath on more than one occasion I don't feel comfortable being that "Familiar" with her:)

WizarDru

Adventurer
None can say what started the great Postcard Riot of 2004. Folks 'round here figure Boycetown had it comin', but me....I think it was due to them Internets. Too many of them dang things about." ;)

I've advised my players of their civic duty, you understand.

We'll pick up some postcards in India and send them here way. I don't think you can get a more famous place... :)

Actually, I may have a few left over from when we were there last... gotta look.

joe b.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
One Empire State Building post card coming Nettie's way!

You know, in ten years of working on West 34th Street, I'd never been in the little tourist gift shop outside my office building.

If Nettie is ever in need of "tee shirt tee shirt five dollar", I've got her covered!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases