Galactic Empire: Serving the New Order

((OOC thread is here
IC thread is here))

Carida. The location of both the Imperial Stormtrooper Academy and the Imperial Army Academy. The destination of the Dominator and the rest of the 5th Fleet. There have been alarming reports of at least three major leaders in the Academies defecting to the Alliance. Your small group of only five members from various branches of the Empire, the Krayt Dragons, has been assigned the task of bringing these traitors to justice before they are able to escape.

You sit within a small, private briefing room. On the wall is a large holoscreen, currently displaying a stock image of the pale green planet. You wait only a moment before Vice Admiral Terath Zercone, the commander of the Dominator and the 5th Fleet, enters and nods. He motions to the holoscreen, which soon displays a small chrono, counting down from about fifteen standard minutes. He speaks in the usual haughty voice of an Imperial Navy Officer, though unlike many, it is well known he had no previous family connections to help him to his current role.

"You all know the basic situation on the planet," he said simply, "Before leaving hyperspace on our way to Carida, we recieved an update on the situation. There was, as of the last half hour standard time, a group of three Officers, former academy instructers, and at least twenty others, barricaded within one of the major training centers. We recieved word that a trasmission was intercepted from these insurgents. This transmission was directed to a nearby Rebel base. The location of which we do not know, however, it is expected that they will be sending a small force to extract these traitors."

He paused a moment, looking over each of you with a stern look, "Your mission is simple. Kill the traitors before any Rebels arrive. If they do arrive, do not let any of these men escape. The former instructers know vital information in the way of codes, locations of bases, and classified projects that cannot fall into Rebel hands. We still have nearly ten standard minutes before leaving hyperspace. Do you have any questions?"

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Captain Archimedes Daxxon

Archimedes grips the armrests of his chair so tightly that his knuckles empty out of all color and he grinds his teeth while he thinks: ...traitors? ...here? ...now? Fighting down a momentary rage, he focuses himself on the objective: What would I do were I rapid terrorist dog?

"Sir! Is this to be a 'quiet' operation sir, or will we we be allowed to complete our objective in the manner in which we choose?

After a short pause, he also asks, "Will the local Imperial assets be aware of our presence sir? What assets are to be at our disposal? And will we be furnished with the personell records for the trai..." He grimaces as if the very word sickens him. "...trait ...targets sir?"

OOC: Everyone okay with this color of text?

Last edited:

Joric Tyrcus leaned back in his chair, his legs crossed. He absently buffed a scuff-mark from the heel of his boot. The opportunity to hand out a little justice appealed to him. Perhaps a swift, brutal show of force will deter any future desertions. He listened as the stormtrooper babbled his questions. I admire his enthusiasm.

Academy trainers eh? "Anyone we might know, Commander?"

DralonXitz

First Post
Commander Dralon Xitz, TIE Pilot

In the Center of the five Imperial Soldiers is Commander Dralon Xitz, the leader of the Elite Group of Imperials. Men from every walk, Intelligence Officers, Stormtroopers, had all been assembled to complete missions critical to the Empire. And Commander Xitz was honored to lead them.

Well, it seems they have plucked me out of my TIE for yet another extermination of traitors. Nasty buggers, like flies they are.

The Commander leaned back in his chair, clad in his officer's uniform with a black Trenchcoat draped over his body as he looked up at the Admiral. Dralon was used to being perceived as defiant, he had been that way for years. But they never did a thing about it, there wasn't a better pilot in the Empire. Vader perhaps, but I'd be willing to take the challenge.

"Well Admiral, I believe I understand the situation. As Captain Daxson previously asked, I shall further pursue the matter. Do I need to take these men into the complex, or can I do this my way, wire some explosives to the building and blow it to hell? If the building is the matter at hand, I understand."

yangnome

First Post
Devlin sat in the briefing room with the five other men, waiting for the briefing for his first real assignment. Recently graduating academy, he was anxious to put his newly acquired skils to use. He rose to attention as the Vice Admiral entered and took his seat when told.

Devlin listened attentively while the Vice Admiral gave them the mission brief, but unlike the others, he didn't open his mouth. Instead, he watched carefully the reactions of the others in the room. These were the men he'd be working with on this mission and he sized them all up and down, scrutinizing their behavior and their demeanor. Devlin wondered to himself the loyalty of these men who sat here with him.

If academy instructors were capable of treason, anyone in this room could potentially be a traitor as well. I might be the youngest in here and have the least amount of experience, but I know I can trust myself. The others will have to prove themselves first.

Let's see, we have the commander, a pilot, seems to be arrogant like you'd expect from any pilot. Funny how that is seeing as how any wookie can fly a ship.

Aside from that, we have a storm trooper, at least we have some muscle; a compforce and intelligence officers. I'll need ot keep my eye on that intelligence officer, they'll let anybody into teh intelligence service these days.

Last edited:

The Vice Admiral looked over the group, shaking his head, "We can't take the building out. Its underground below most of the major barracks for the recruits. Currently, the garrison there is assisting in directing the trainees, and they have the traitors pinned in the building. I don't know the names of these men, but the commander on the ground will be able to brief you on those details. The highest priority is getting there before any Rebel forces. The planet was left with less defenses than normal because of the search for Rebel Bases, so the fleet there is weak and would likely have trouble with even a small force."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Capt. Archimedes Daxson

Archimedes visibly forces himself to relax. We have ten minutes until we drop out of hyperspace... that'll give me just enough time to collect my armor and weapons. A grim smile creeps onto his face. They will pay for this betrayal... and may whatever lies in the next life have mercy on them, for the Emperor surely won't.

Turning to the others, "I have no further questions, sir... although I think we should be prepped and inside a landing craft by the time the Dominator drops from hyperspace." He turns to Commander Dralon, "Your orders Commander?"

Last edited:

DralonXitz

First Post
Lobo Lurker said:
Turning to the others, "I have no further questions, sir... although I think we should be prepped and inside a landing craft by the time the Dominator drops from hyperspace." He turns to Commander Dralon, "Your orders Commander?"

The Commander nods at the Admiral as he quickly stands up, cracking his neck as he looks over at Daxson and replies, "Get your Gear Captain. That goes for the rest of you. I want us inside that landing craft in 7 minutes flat. Any man who can't make it, get the hell out of my Squadron. Move out!" The commander quickly turns around and walks out, his Trench Coat flinging around as his boots clank down the hallways of the ship.

Interesting. I suppose he's efficient, at least.

Lt. Tyrcus rose slowly from his seat, a thin smile playing across his lips.

"Let's do this swiftly and decisively. We cannot show weakness after Tarkin's debacle. I have no doubt that the Empereor is watching us all with increased scrutiny. See you in the shuttle."

With that Tyrcus left the group and moved off to gather his equipment.

Last edited:

yangnome

First Post
Devlin rose from his seat, still not saying a word. After the commander left, he headed towards his quarters to retrieve his gear, which had been already prepared. From there, he headed straight to the lading craft. He was the first there. His thoughts still circled around those he'd been paired with and the mission they had to carry out.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases