Whatever Happened to....?

Son_of_Thunder

Explorer
Greetings fellow ENworldites!!!

A friend and I were discussing our favorite game designers over the telephone this evening and I wondered what happened to some of my favorites. So does anyone know where such talent as Aaron Allston, Roger Moore, Carl Sargent and Rick Swan went? The last I heard of Rick Swan was when he was with Inquest Magazine.

Thanks for your help,

Son of Thunder

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
I believe Aaron Allston was one of those mentioned in the d20/gaming industry thread as having quit the industry.

coyote6

Adventurer
Aaron Allston wrote some novels, including some best-selling Star Wars books (IIRC, he wrote some of the X-wing books). He's also writing Hero 5e's Champions genre book, due out (again, IIRC) in August.

Yeah, check out Hero Games' website:

And of course, at the end of the month I get the Champions manuscript from Aaron Allston. I’ve already finished the parts of the book I’m writing (the sample characters), so I hope to turn the manuscript around pretty quickly and get it into layout ASAP. The sooner we can get it into your hands, the better we like it.

So Aaron's at least temporarily back in the RPG industry. :)

qstor

Adventurer
Scott - I thought Rodger Moore isn't interested in doing d20 work?

Carl Sargent is a psychologist. Check the archives of rec.games.frp.dnd. I think he might have had a nervous breakdown or something. But I'm NOT sure.

Mike

Remove ads