Artist looking to do some fun sketches.

bobacus

First Post
Hello all. Im a long time lurker, first post.
I am currently unemployed and looking to get my art career up and going. I am wanting to do alot more on the fantasy side of art. I would love to draw some characters (pencils are free, colored we would have to talk) and I could post them here. Here is a link to my website. If you like what you see, just give me a email or post here. Ill try to be as fast as I can. Thankyou.

www.bobacus.com

Here is a few samples of my work as well. ENJOY!

wraiths1.jpg

burnt.jpg

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Nice work.

BTW, you should expect this thread to fill up real fast if you're going to do free pencil sketches.

Cheers!

KF72

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Case in point...

Crystal Tigerstorm
Race: Human
Class: 12th level wizard (ex-necromancer)
Sex: Female

Personality: Devoted, imposing, and enigmatic.

Description: Crystal is 5 feet 11 inches tall with long, flowing blonde hair, deep blue eyes, and is incredibly beautiful (men tend to gawk with their mouths open). She used to be a necromancer and is still fond of wearing dark foreboding clothes. She always wears a silver-star pendant (her amulet of health (+2)), which was her mother's, as well as simple, yet elegant silver rings, bracelets, and fine metal cords braided into her hair on the left side. She always wears silver colored lipstick and nail polish. Her garments are always fine silk that are too revealing sometimes. She always wears more modest undergarments under these clothes coving her from just above the breast to just above the knees. She prefers soft leather boots, or sandals if she is going to be inside. She carries a powerful variant of a staff of power, shod in silver with a 3D silver star on the top (multiple star points in every direction – like a starburst).

SandraWinters

First Post
Would you be interested in doing a modern/fantasy character sketch? I run a Modern Urban Arcana campaign, meaning that although it is set in present times, races such as elves, gnomes, halflings, and celestials all exist. I am creating a non-profit webcomic based on my RPG called Celestial Assassins(http://www.geocities.com/ca_comic, which will be redesigned and moving to an ad-free server soon), and am always looking for character art for my comic's fanart gallery. Basically, if you draw a pencil character sketch, I'll post it in the fanart section of the site and give you full credit and a link to your portfoilo (if you have one).

I won't give the character description yet if you're not interested in doing anything modern. However, if you are interested, I'll be sure to give you some info! You do some great work!

bobacus

First Post
knight

Knight, Here is you character. I hope I nailed it. Let me know if you like it or want any changes. It was alot of fun to draw her!

Sandra, I would be happy to draw a character for your comic. sounds like fun. Just let me know the description.

crystaltigerstorm.jpg

Dubya

Explorer
A pic of my character please

Bobacus

Felix Blackthorne

Race: Human
Sex: Male
Class Fighter/Assassin

Description
His hair is black without a touch of gray. Sleeked back froma high sloping forehead, it was worn braided at the nape of his neck. A jutting nose, like the beak of a hawk, thrust forward from between dark and overhanging brows. His beard was black and worn in two thin short braids twisted beneath a strong chin. His black eyes, sunken into high cheekbones, almost disappeared in the shadows of the overhanging brows.

He is of medium height, lean and sinewy. One might say, form looking at him, that here was a man born and bred to walk in the company of night.

Thanks for doing these pencil drawings. I have wanted a picture of my character for so long but none of my friends can draw very good. From the look of your drawings you are very talented indeed.

Cheers,

Dubya

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
bobacus said:
Knight, Here is you character. I hope I nailed it. Let me know if you like it or want any changes. It was alot of fun to draw her!

I do like it.

However, the pendent and jewelry she wears shouldn't reflect her once being a Necromancer. The skulls don't really suit her. Her mother was a powerful priestess of good and most of the jewelry she wears are heirlooms her grandmother gave her, so Crystal could know her mother better. (Her mother died during childbirth.)

Her history is quite long, so I didn't post it. However, I've attached a word document that has her full details (including game statistics) and another artist's rendition of her, embedded in the document.

I didn't post it before, as a reference, because I didn't want to push your creative energy in a specific direction. But now that you've done your own version, I figured you'd get a kick out of what someone else came up with with the same information I gave you.

If you feel like changing it based on what I've said then go for it. Don't feel too pressured, however.

Cheers!

Knightfall1972

Attachments

• Crystal Tigerstorm.doc
    127 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

frostrune

First Post
Wow. Good stuff.

I always wanted to jump on board one of these. Hope this character catches your eye. He's a prominent figure in Destan's 'Sins of Our Father's II' story hour.

Baden Dost

Fighter 9/ Dwarven Defender 8

This fiery, robust male dwarf stands 4'-6" tall. His thick hair is a rusty red color going prematurely gray. He wears two long braids at his temples and 15 much smaller braids in his beard (one for every Dwem kill). He has the hammer and anvil symbol of Moradin tattooed on each cheek under his eyes.

This battle scarred warrior is heavily muscled and armored. His perfectly fitted plate armor is covered by a simple tabard with the symbol of Moradin prominently displayed on the breast. In his right hand he wields his legendary dwarven waraxe: Averil's Memory, in his left a heavy steel shield.

His war cry, "STRENGTH OF THE FORGE FATHER!!!" splits the air as he prepares to meet the enemy charge...

Hope you like it.

Cheers,

Frostrune

SandraWinters

First Post
Thanks! Well, here is the description of my OC, Sandra Winters (which is obviously where I got my username):

Sandra is a gun fanatic. She always has a few guns equipped, though most of them are hidden under her black trench coat. She typically has one gun equipped in a hip holster where others can see it.

Sandra is 5'6" with wavy brown hair that reaches to the middle of her back. She has brown eyes and is happy wearing a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Her most prominant features, however, are her gray angel wings and pit fiend tail.

I've done some artwork of Sandra, which you can use as reference. A picture is worth 1000 words:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/4602621/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/5163157/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/7017114/ (without the wings, but good reference for the face).

Daesumnor

First Post
I'd ask, but it sounds like you've got a bit too much on your plate right now =)

Very, very cool drawings though.

Last edited:

Remove ads