Random Dungeon Generation

Reverendjm

First Post
I know that there is a thread already dedicated to the 1st edition Dungeon Master's guide, but I was afraid this would go a little off topic.

One of the more amazing things in the 1st edition DMG was Appendix A: Random Dungeon Generation. This chart - commonly useful, sometimes inspired, sometimes ridiculous - allowed a Dungeon Master the ability to make a Dungeon on the fly, or play a quick game when he was bored. Personally, I keep cracking open my poor Dungeon Master's Guide, because I just can't seem to make a dungeon look natural without first randomly juxataposing some walls by a few throws of the dice. It's a shame that TSR never chose to reprint/update this information anywhere else.

My question is, has anyone actualy seen a good Random Dungeon Generator in any other books or programs? I'm not talking about web programs that spit out very boxy maps. I'm talking about rivers with traps in them bisecting column filled corridors that spin around in a triangular formation for seemingly no good reason, save to inspire the Dungeon Master.

Psion

Adventurer
Reverendjm said:
My question is, has anyone actualy seen a good Random Dungeon Generator in any other books or programs? I'm not talking about web programs that spit out very boxy maps. I'm talking about rivers with traps in them bisecting column filled corridors that spin around in a triangular formation for seemingly no good reason, save to inspire the Dungeon Master.

Jamis Buck DunGen is fairly decent (as in "better than Irony", and it generates dungeon dressing type details), but I've not seen anything that detailed.

xnrdcorex

First Post
i think what hes looking for are the tables form the 1st edition DGM or similiar tables. the reasonong is he needs it to roll dice to make hsi own and make his own changes on existing things hes already rolled and made. i know thats what i used to use it for but since me and the reverend shared the same copy were out of luck.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases