The Gods Hate Us

Zerth

First Post
Baril

Baril just smirks as he listens the others exchange another round of pleasantries. Hah! Half of those numbskulls don't even seem to realize, what is at hand here. But I agree with not wanting to run like a dog with tail between my legs. We would face our enemies sooner or later in any case. And like always, I prefer sooner.

The gypsy casts a quick look at Toryn. "Send us a letter from the campfire - the rest of us are going in, like it or not."

Last edited:

Though the gate is somewhat hard to see, when the sunlight shines correctly, the iron gate shows easily against the stone that surrounds it. The gate itself is almost as large as the wall, and likely just as thick, with no apparent way to open it from the outside.

From the low angle, it is impossible to tell what it is up on the walls, though all of you have the feeling of being watched very closely.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Well? Can weary travelers enter or do we need to cool our heels further?" Ruslan calls up to the top of the wall, irritation plain in his voice.

Juggernaut

First Post
Thinking that this group is going to get him killed, but realizing that without them he is more likely dead sooner, Toryn shakes his head and lets out a deep sigh.

Not far away from the group, off on the other side of the gate and still slightly within the shadow provided by it, you see a strange figure. Eyes are the first thing you notice, a strange grey colour. A realization can be seen within them, and the creature then stands up completely. In fact...it really stands up.

The creature is humanoid in form, gaunt and thin, though it still looks very strong. Perhaps that is because of its size. The creature stands twenty feet high, just a little taller than the wall. It has plain white hair, dark grey skin, and wear's fairly expensive looking clothes. If its size isn't intimidating enough, the mace it holds in its right hand that is at least the size of you just adds to it.

He looks down on all of you, completely ignoring the scattering figures on the wall itself, and speaks in a disturbingly soft voice, "I am sorry, travelers, but you may not pass into this city. I would prefer to avoid a fight in this matter, however my orders are very strict. Turn back now. This is the only warning you will receive."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Ruslan sighs dramatically.*

"Fine. Let's get a few more miles under our belts gentlemen, it's obvious this city has no notion of courtesy towards guests, nor of hearth-right. We wouldn't have even wanted to stay here, where they are so ill-mannered," Ruslan says, making a dismissive gesture towards the giant and the city as a whole. Gesturing for Igor to get out his flying carpet, the necromancer and his servant sit upon it and fly at a moderate walking pace, just above the heads of his comrades, not even looking at the giant.

deadestdai

First Post
Still in silence Pabsit sticks his spear back into his quiver and instead draws out his bow, "Sender". He fans out from the wall, keeping his drawing arm cocked over his quiver, ready to take an arrow and fire, should an "unwanted situation" arise.

You are rrrrude Sirrrr Giant. We were merrrrely seeking rrrroom, boarrrrd and a fly-steak orrrr two to fill ourrr bellies. Who sent you to perrrrsuade us to leave eh? Tell us, so we may "thank" our "benefactorrrr" as and when we see them next.

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Baril

Baril's first reaction as he sees the giant figure standing up is to activate his Ring of Chameleon power. The gypsy blends into the surroundings and looks for a good spot to hide from the giant (Hide +36). He observes the conversation between the giant and other party memebers with great curiosity, but keeps his eyes on the giant at all times (Sense Motive +15).

Hmm. It would want to avoid combat. Either it is scared of us - not likely - or something else. Why are we just being kept outside of cities and not attacked directly? What is happening in there?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases