[Koboldquest] Delivering the box

Krug

Newshound
As you recover from your battles and Lok-Nar shrugs off the effects of the poison, you go about the usual kobold duties while you await the rewards of the Queen.

One evening, as you are watching a game of spottle (dice game played with a frog that tends to chew the dice) you are called forth. With great anticipation you arrive in the royal chambers where greeting you is Eulas, one of the Queen's Eunuchs. Two Dweibold guards stand next to him with non-rusty Halberds at their side. Small lizards dart around pillows and blankets, while an open wine bottle is placed next to some fruits and cooked meat.

Eulas speaks, his body swaying as he does so, seemingly pleased at the sound of his own voice. "Well the Queen has heard about your beating the centipedesz and that nasty crawler thingie... and nobody dying! Besides those minersz, of course. The Queen has seen fit to reward you, pray her excellency, with an item from the main hoard. She is, as ever, generousz! Praise be to her and may she ascend soonz!"

The main hoard is the detritus and leftover from kobold raids, foolish adventurers and such.
[Choose an item up to 50 gp worth, or if you prefer, a single gem of worth 50 gp]

He waits for your applause and thanks, smilng gleefully.

"Very good. Now the Queen has entrusted me to send yous on a mission of great importance to her, and thus to all of usz!" The eunuch fumbles amongst his rich red robes. He takes out a small box. "This is to be delivered to the human Gendrew, who has a farm not far from here, about two daysz journey by foot over land. Within the box are instructions for him. You are to bring back that which he gives you. Isz that clear and simple enough?"

"The alternative isz blind cave fish hunting."

Last edited:

Diirk

First Post
I wonder if there's any future in fishing, Miki wonders.

"Humans are known for being tricksy and devious. Such a... dangerous... mission surely stands a better chance of success if we're better equipped?" Miki asked hopefully. "Not that I ask of any personal desire of course. But it would allow me to serve her Queenliness better, you see."

Shame had no place in business negotiations, after all.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Serk considers briefly. "But fishing is... safe. Well except for that time with the giant gar that ate all of Hatching #142..."

The Baron

First Post
"We'll deliver this little box to the Queen's human friend." He speaks with obvious disgust when the word "human" comes up.

"Of course we expect to be well compensated when we return successful... and alive."

(OOC: taking a potion of Cure Light Wounds)

Krug

Newshound
"You already have weaponsz and items of good quality," Eulas continues. "Most of your fellow koboldz, sadly to say, have to contend with rusty bladesz, hammers that break or swordsz that crack like porcerlain. The Queen has already granted much favoursz on you." The eunuch continues, his voice sweet and effeminiate. His tongue slips out periodically and lick at his thick, coloured lips as he walks around.

For delivery: Zort, Kadan, Miki
For fishy-wishy: Serk, Taden
Waiting for the Dweibolds to vote... ;)

Diirk

First Post
One day, Miki thought, People won't be so quick to dismiss me offhand. One day, I will have true power. Still, it was worth a try.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases