[Koboldquest] Delivering the box

Krug

Newshound
Continuing Round 2

Kadan's aim is true this time, as the ray strikes the toad right between the eyes. The creature sags from the hit.

The toad in front of Nah'l tries to bite down on the Dweibold, and manages to clam its jaws around his thigh. Nah'l takes 4 points of damage. The Dweibold manages to shake off the effects the creature's venom though.

The second toad presses its attack on Zort, and it too scores a hit. Zort takes 3 points of damage. Blame it on Kobold resilience or the fact that they're reptiles, but the toad venom fails to take hold. However, the toad starts to hold on to the kobold and swallow the rogue down, but Zort manages to avoid being toadfood for now, as he grasps onto a nearby branch and pulls himself away.

This is an Improved Grab and does not provoke an AoO.

Despite, Kadan's spell, the third toad rampages through the bushes intent on attacking the druid. Its sloppy tongue shoots out and encircles the kobold, pulling him towards the Toad. However, Taden doesn't manage to break the toad's tongue and is pulled towards the amphibian! The creature clamps over the druid and holds him. Half of Taden's body is now inside the toad with his legs sticking out behind. Target's eyes appear to be rolling at his master's latest predicament.

The panicked Serk fires an arrow at the third toad, and the arrow just grazes the creature.

T3 is now at D7. Waiting for Nah'l.

Note the actions allowed while grappling.

I'm assuming Target will try to bite T3 as its action.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Nah'l (12/16hp, AC 15 [17-2 raging])

Right head growls while left head gnashes its teeth, with a burst of fury Nah'l savagely tries to flatten the toad with his hammer.

OOC: Raging: Str 22, Con 18; Power Attack 2; Two-Handed Warhammer +5 (2d6+13, 20/x3); if flanking with Lok-Nar, he'll drop two more points into power attack, ups damage to 2d6+17

Krug

Newshound
Continuing round 2

Nah'l's blow pulverizes the head of the toad and it is crushed, its long tongue still half extended, its eyeballs ready to pop up.

Taden's move.
Toad 1 is dead. Lok-Nar will have to redo his move. ;)

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Nah'l (12/16hp, ac 13 [17-2 raging -2 charging])

Nah'l will then proceed to charge the closest toad not eating a kobold with his warhammer, finding that flattening them seems to work the best.

OOC: Figure I'll get this done since I'll be gone for the weekend; Charge; Two-Handed Warhammer +5 (2d6+17, 20/x3), if he can flank with the charge he'll do so, but keep that additional +2 to hit

Last edited:

Taden did the only sensible thing one could do while being eaten. He screamed. The screaming was directed at Target for not doing anything and not having killed the evil big toad thing yet. Struggling, Taden then did his best to climb out and move closer to the others so they could kill the thing easier.

((...wish I had a light weapon. Just moving towards the group[at half speed according to what I can do.]))

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Seeing the first toad dead, Lok-Nar frowns, and then charges over to the other toad, trying to squish that one.*

OOC - Charging toad 2

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Continuing Round 2

Taden tries to break free from the toad's grasp, but to no avail. His screams and curses are drowned out. It's hard to get heard when half your body is inside a toad's body.

Flying into a rage, Target darts over and slashes at the hide of the toad, inflicting a bit of damage.

Lok-Nar charges the Toad near Miki and Zort, and the flail comes down hard upon the hide of the creature. It now appears to be on his last legs. Miki tries to slash the toad but his blow misses. He then moves away, triggering an AoO from the toad. The creature bites into the Hexblade's flesh. 4 points of damage The toad's poison does not manage to damage the kobold and it fails to grapple him as he slips away.

End of Round 2

Beginning of Round 3

Initiative order: Zort, Kadan, Toads, Serk, Nah'l, Taden (and Target), Lok-Nar, Miki

T1 is dead, T2 is severly injured, T3 is slightly wounded

Nah'l: 10/14, Miki: 7/11, Zort: 4/7, Taden (Grappled/In toad's mouth)

Attachments

• toad4.jpg
    toad4.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Diirk

First Post
For some reason I'm reminded of the fact I didn't have lunch yet... Miki thought to himself and snickered. Still, if we don't return with all our members I'll undoubtedly never hear the end of it from hatching #130... I can't stand them...

(OOC: Charge at T3 if I still can at my initiative. Otherwise just move + attack it.+6 attack 17ac if charge, otherwise +4 attack 19ac)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases