Sho-zu defeats Taralas! Thanks to Gnomeworks for judging!

Phoenix8008

First Post
A small man, back bent from years of hard work, appears from behind a nearby tree. The old man has a long beard white as the mountain snows and wears dark glasses over his eyes. His walking stick taps the ground rythmicly as he walks closer but his feet are silent due to the thick slippers upon them. Appearently dressed in night clothes, the senior citizen seems without care or concern.

Stopping suddenly, he says to the air, "Okay, I'm here finally. Will you be silent now you pestering voice!?"

Muttering to himself the man curses in an old tongue and then cocks his head to the side as if listening...

"Well, now I'm here by the gods! You told me as a child long ago that I would one day be needed to fight many battles! 'Study all styles of fighting!', you said! Well, you never told me I would be ancient when I was finally called! Why is that, eh? You vile and stupid voice! Let us get this over with so I can go back to my village and end my remaining days in peace!"

SHO-ZU

Novice: Tier 0
Stamina Points: 1
Yen: 0

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
A young man in the garb of a YBerian noble steps out of the shadows, seemingly utterly unsurprised to find the elderly man there.

"You are the one my father spoke of, you shall help me prove my worth to him, and earn my family's sacred artifact! Prepare then old man, for I shall not lose."

Taralas
Novice: Tier 0
Stamina Points: 1
Yen: 0

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Eh? A young pup like you? Your father probably sent you to me to learn some respect for your elders, boy! And don't mistake the crick in my back as me bowing and scraping before you either! I easily whipped limp wristed fop's like you before you were even a twinkle in your oh-so-noble father's eye! Not only that, but...

I find your niece to be like unto a horror, your keep to be decayed, and your mojo to be laughable."

Ahhhh, mojo! Brings back fond memories, eh Kal?

Kalanyr

Explorer
Tarlas chuckles

"You've obvioulsy never met my father. But that said:

I find your daimyo to be shabby, your empire to be dirty, and your concentration to be dormant.
"

OOC - Teah, I wanted the monkeys :(

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
From the shadows, a small woman appears between the two combatants, dressed in elaborate black garb and wearing a black headdress.

"Woe is me, and I, Woe." She says quietly, "And woe is me that I must divide myself in two! Today is a busy day... as it was foretold, the ways of the ancients are returning."

"A dirty nation is far worse than a decayed keep... however, I am entertained by the old one's insult concerning 'mojo,' which must be something from before my time... as such, I decree that Sho-zu wins the insult round. He may thus set the length and style of match."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Well now, I suppose I can pick me some match rules. How about we have a 3-flag speed match with player generated attacks! So to get the ball rolling, we just need a judges ruling on where the fight will start. Then we can start the fight."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Of course you do, how silly of me to forget." Woe says, nodding. "After some discussion, the ancient masters have decreed this match to take place at the island south-west of Pang-Wu Province on the morning of the dagger."

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
The old man moves with a quickness unexpected of a man his age. He strikes out at the youth with is walking stick!

The manticore slashes over the atoll and drops within the Spring of Life; removes the storm of the iron!

Kalanyr

Explorer
The lotus blossom drifts from the waterfall and assails the ice; dodges the descent of the sickle!

Tarasal begins with a graceful flowing defense, which suddenly changes into a hard assult.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Hmm..." Woe shifts from foot to foot. "Slashing over an atoll isn't very impressive, nor is dropping... however, manticores are a sight more violent than lotus blossoms. However, manticores could be said to have sickles in the form of their spines, so Tarasal's defense proves effective..."

Point Tarasal!

1 Flag Tarasal, 0 Flags Sho-zu

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases