(Adventure) Of eggs and desires [GnomeWorks judging]

fuzzy

First Post
Devlin, hippogriffs defending their nests are not fun. They fight to the death, team up on you, and attack from above. Oh, yeah, they're bigger, tougher and probably stronger than any of us.

GPEKO

First Post
SlagMortar said:
Planus moves over near the old man, "What, pray tell, is the taint of the falcon? I've only ever seen a falcon once and I'm quite sure it never tainted me."
The old man keeps looking strait ahead, not even bothering to look at Planus. "Hi, hi... Funny, elf, you probably lived longer than I did but you're still a fool." He simply returns to his drink without answering Planus' question.

Debra comes back from the kitchens and sees Planus taking to her uncle. She move between them and pushes Planus back slightly. "I'm sorry. I hope he didn't bother you too much. Just leave him alone, he's a bit... well, you know." To this, the old man adds another "Hi, hi." and goes back to his mumbling.

A few minutes later, she brings the chicken plates. The food is filling and pretty good for such a small road side inn.

OOC: Are we all done here? If so, just remove 2sp (or 3 if you had a drink) from your character sheet and I'll move things forward.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Not at all mi' lady. I've been called much worse than funny. We best be moving on." He begins heading out the door. Over his shoulder he says "'May you live in interesting times'".

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin drops the coins for his meal on the table, nods to the proprieter and heads out to the stable. Once mounted, he nears Rika. "I know what hippogriffs are cabable of. They'd provide a new challenge for us is all. Everyone of us has probably met up with a bandit or two in our lives, but how many of us have ever confronted an angry momma hippogriff?"

fuzzy

First Post
Rika pays the owner and goes to the stable. After she gets on her horse, she turns to Devlin. I haven't fought hippogriffs before, but I don't think I want to fight an angry momma hippogriff at all. I would imagine the nests are by a cliffside, what with them being able to fly, and you know they'd certainly try to shove us off the side. Besides, the hippogriffs didn't do anything to us. Even if they did kill the egg-hunters, you can't blame them for defending their nests.

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
Leaving the inn behind them, the group continue their journey on horseback. The hot sun is still there to welcome them.

Devlin:
A few minutes after leaving the inn, Delvin looks back and sees another traveller far behind them on the road. Maybe he's just being paranoid but he's under the impression that he saw that same man, at about the same distance, just before entering the inn!

Guilt Puppy

First Post
fuzzy said:
Besides, the hippogriffs didn't do anything to us. Even if they did kill the egg-hunters, you can't blame them for defending their nests.

Sturm considers this thought for a long moment.

"Ye ken, ye put it that way 'n it does sound a bit off-right'n go thievin' eggs fr'm nests..." He snorts solemnly, shaking his head. "But 'ell, what can ye do? Folks need'n eat..."

fuzzy

First Post
I was more thinking about the killing the hippogriffs part. They lay enough eggs that it won't hurt them that much to loose one or two. You don't eat hippogriff eggs, actually. You let them hatch and sell the babies to people who want to ride them. Of course, it sounds like we'd have to kill some of the beasts to get to the eggs. Oh, the innkeeper said something about bandits. We might want to keep a watch on the road and woods.

OOC: Spot & Listen checks +2

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Sturm raises his eyebrows, aghast.

"I'm workin' fer vexin' baby-riders? Grend'th's rage!"

He shakes his head in awe. "I guess what's glinty's glinty..."

fuzzy

First Post
I'm sorry if i wasn't clear, Sturm. They get baby hippogriffs instead of adult ones because you have to train one to get it to let you ride it, and the adults will kill you while your trying to train it, but the babys won't. Of course, that doesn't make 'em easy to train, just trainable at all.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases