(Adventure) Of eggs and desires [GnomeWorks judging]

GPEKO

First Post
fuzzy said:
Yes, some wine would be nice, thank you. What do you know about how hippogriffs fight, incase we need to determine if the bird-beasts killed them or a human did it?
Baeron pours some wine for Rika and hands her the glass. "The hippogriffs? Well, they usually attack by diving and slashing with their beak and claws. This should give you and idea of the kind of wounds they inflict."
SlagMortar said:
"Well, good sir, I'll help you find your friends if you'll have me, but I won't be collecting any eggs. To each his own. What do we do if the .. 'evidence' has been eaten by the hippogriffs?"
Baeron narrows his eyes at Planus. "Fine, suit yourself. My main concern is that you find what happened to Marion. If the 'evidence' -- like you say -- has been eaten, bring back some proof of your tale. His signet ring perhaps..."
Guilt Puppy said:
"300 between us?" He shakes his head, then addresses the group. "I hope ye know we're grabbin' e'ery last egg we can find, griffos be doomed."
"300 coins of gold is a fair salary, more than some make in a year of toil. But since you seem to be hesitant and I want such an experienced warrior for this job, I can raise it to 500 but nothing more."
OOC: Sorry about the relatively low pay but that's just the way a 'living' game goes. Sturm can always try to find more lucrative work elsewhere.
fussy said:
How much do we get paid if we bring them in alive? Also, what do we do if a rival offed them.
"I'll be happy to see them alive again but your pay won't change. I'm paying you to find out what happened to them. Marion himself might be willing to reward you if he's still alive but in trouble."

GPEKO

First Post
Ironwolf Kinkaid stands in front off the door leading into the heart room of the Red Dragon Inn. The proprietor of the establishment, Joe, told him that a noble named Baeron Raddanor was in there and that he was looking for adventurers. Ironwolf can hear voices through the door. He wonders if he should knock or just enter...

OOC: I'd say your character arrived after they left for the private room but your still welcomed to join the adventure if you wish. I'm not all that familiar with psionics (all I have is the SRD) but it should be fine. Just correct me if you have to :) .

Patlin

Explorer
GPEKO said:
Ironwolf Kinkaid stands in front off the door leading into the heart room of the Red Dragon Inn. The proprietor of the establishment, Joe, told him that a noble named Baeron Raddanor was in there and that he was looking for adventurers. Ironwolf can hear voices through the door. He wonders if he should knock or just enter...

Knocking politely, Ironwolf pauses for a response. If invited to enter (or at least not asked to go away) he will open the door and step inside.

"Joe said your looking for some adventurers in here. I could use some work, if you can use one more."

GPEKO

First Post
After knocking on the door, Ironwolf hears the conversation stops and someone tell him to "Come in.". Inside, he sees a dwarf, a female and a male elf, apparently follow adventurers, a richly clothes man, who must be Baeron, and an hairy man holding a chain linked to a huge ape who must weight at least a thousand pounds!

Baeron is the first to speak after Ironwolf. "Humm ... another warrior. It seems nothing will stand in your way, friends. Well, warrior, come in, sit down and tell us your name." After Ironwolf does so, Baeron continues. "I'm Baeron Raddanor, of the Raddanor family. Let me tell you about the job I'm proposing." Baeron then goes on to explain the mission he wants you to do.

OOC: see the first post, the others will have to fill you in for the rest.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
(OOC: The glare should have been directed at Planus, my mistake. It's what happens when I make posts early in the morning...)

GPEKO said:
"300 coins of gold is a fair salary, more than some make in a year of toil. But since you seem to be hesitant and I want such an experienced warrior for this job, I can raise it to 500 but nothing more."

Sturm seems satisfied with this offer. "A year a toil with no riskin' o' their necks, ye ken? But five hundr'd should div' out well 'nough. Tho' I still say what we grab s'me eggs while we're out."

He then turns to Planus. "'n ye won't have'n worry 'bout outrunnin' me when we do, 'cause I won' be runnin'..."

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf Kinkaid, Human Psychic Warrior

Ironwolf listens calmly, takes a moment to look over the ape, and then speaks.

"If it was Hippogriffs, it should be easy enough to find out. They won't have bothered to cover up their tracks. However, it could have been a more dangerous predator. Is it possible that your business rivals had your people killed, and if so who might those people be? Also, one or more of your people could have found a higher bidder. It would be... inconvenient to be marked for death by some comercial or criminal organization. Can we expect a bonus of some kind if more dangerous foes turn out to be the culprits?"

Ironwolf will listen carefully to the answer, hoping to read a bit between the lines. Sense Motive (untrained) +2.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin surveys the gathered crowd, trying to judge their perceived strengths and weaknesses. Sturm is obviously the muscle here, but all look capable. He determines that, if they can work together, he has a chance of getting through this alive and with a heavier purse.

"The gold is fine, sir, but I find myself wondering if you might be willing to help us procure supplies. If we're to be confronting aerial beasts on your behalf, we'll be needing some specialized equipment."

fuzzy

First Post
Ironwolf has a point. It is also possible that a druidic circle was involved. Are there any such circles in the area?

OOC:Use Sense Motive (+0) to try to read between the lines also.

GPEKO

First Post
Baeron responds to the interrogations of Ironwolf and Rika. “We have a few enemies, that for sure, but I doubt you'll have to confront them here. Druids circles have cause us problems in the past but I haven't heard of any operating in the Larkenwold Reach. You also have nothing to fear from criminal organizations of Orussus. We have certain ... arrangements. Finally, I doubt our competitors would go through the trouble of organizing an assassination of such low members of our family. Besides, they haven't used such aggressive tactics in a long time. Marion doesn't have any enemies that I know off. I suppose it is possible that he had a run in with a competing gatherer but that such a meeting would amount to murder seems preposterous to me. But, anyway, all we’re doing is speculating. To find out what happened, this is why I’m sending you out.”

OOC: You all feel like he's telling the truth and not omitting anything.

Dungannon said:
"The gold is fine, sir, but I find myself wondering if you might be willing to help us procure supplies. If we're to be confronting aerial beasts on your behalf, we'll be needing some specialized equipment."
“I was thinking the Family could lend each of you one of your fine horses for the trip, fully stocked with provisions. A sniffing hound could also be made available to you. If you need anything else, like nets or bows, let me know and I’ll see what I can do. You’ll have to return us such equipment, however.”

Baeron retreives a sheet of paper, writes a few things and gives it to one of you. “If you don’t have anymore questions, I’d like you to all write down your name on this. It’s just to formalize what we discussed here.” Those of you who can read see that the contract basically says that you’re hired for the sum of 500 gp to find proof of what happened to Marion Oldrey and his partner. The gold is to be delivered upon completion of the task. It also notes that the lost of any Raddanors’ property (including horses and other animals) during the course of the mission will be deducted from your salary.

OOC: Dungannon, sorry for not including Devlin in the description made to Ironwolf. For some weird reason (a brain cramp, I guess), I mistook your post in the tavern thread for one of Guilt Puppy's. I was kind of confused when I first saw your post here but I have no problem with having Devlin on the adventure.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases