(Adventure) Of eggs and desires [GnomeWorks judging]

GPEKO

First Post
The snake fight:
Sturm dismounts like the others, readying his mighty scythe. The horses, now unattended and frighten by the snake and all the activity, try to flee in different directions, in a cacophony of neighs. Planus, holding the reins in his mouth, is almost thrown to the ground but barely manages to hold on to his horse. [OOC: opposed Str checks: 9+1-2(holding in mouth)=8, horse: 4+2=6, lucky you]. Devlin’s horse remains tied to a tree but it’s pulling on its reins. On the other hand, his donkey has seen worse things and remains somewhat calm. The other horses (Rika’s, Ironwolf’s and Sturm’s) move 120 ft off the road, away from the snake.

Ironwolf continues his attacks on the snake but it’s just too quick for the psychic warrior. He does however distract it enough for Rika to find the mark. Her slender rapier finds its way between the scales of the reptile and draws blood [OOC: dam: 1+1=2]. The snake is now wounded and surrounded by enemies. It tries to flee into the long herbs, but Rika gets it with another quick trust. The snake lays there, unmoving and bleeding. [OOC: Surrounded, the snake can’t withdraw without drawing at least 1 AoO. Rika attacks: 13+6(no longer flanking)=21, dam: 2+1=3. I presumed Rika took that AoO but, if you wish, she can just let it go away]

Devlin:
[SBLOCK]The half-elf stranger scans the herbs for the Devlin but he can’t spot him. His attention is suddenly averted but something happening farther up the road. While he can’t see what’s happening, Devlin is happy to use this opportunity in an attempt to move away from the road, around the path the stranger will likely take. Devlin also draws his rapier. Unfortunately, the dry herbs are once again his bane. The half-elf apparently hears him. He draws his short sword and yells: “Stop it! I can hear you, show yourself!”[/SBLOCK]

OOC: I wonder, do you think I should put all the OOC stuff (the rolls) at the end of the post? Or is it fine like this?

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus will put away his bow and take the reins from his mouth. He leaps effortlessly onto his horse and moves toward the nearest of the escaped horses. When he approaches within 30 ft of a horse (not this round), he will attempt to slow down and let his horse comfort it. While riding he runs his tongue over his teeth to make sure they're all still there.

OOC: Well, I guess the reins in the mouth was a good idea. :) You were probably generous in only a -2 penalty. Dice in spoiler to avoid clutter:
[sblock][dice] +3 vs DC 15 for quick mount check[/sblock]

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf Kinkaid, Human Psychic Warrior

Ironwolf gives the snake a short look over, trying to determine if it is a natural or summoned creature. If it was summoned, the body ought to disapear soon, or so he assumes. Psicraft [equivalent of spellcraft] +2.

Looking through his trail rations, Ironwolf hopes to find some item of interest to a horse, such as sugar or an apple. He'll walk towards the horses offering the treat in hopes of luring them back. (OOC: Handle Animal can't be used untrained, so this is probably doomed to failure.)

Patlin said:
Before Ironwolf dismounts, his pet rock detatches itself from his medalion, skittering to concealment inside the saddlebags (or tack, failing saddlebags.)

Even if the horse moves out of site, Ironwolf's psicrystal will relay information on its current position, allowing him to eventually find it. If things get really deperate, the psicrystal will bail out and head back to Ironwolf... but unless the horse has some reason to run in a straight line, it shouldn't be a problem.

GPEKO said:
OOC: I wonder, do you think I should put all the OOC stuff (the rolls) at the end of the post? Or is it fine like this?

OOC: Fine just as is!

fuzzy

First Post
Riak turns to her companions. Someone needs to go check in with Devlin. I have a bad feeling about whatever it was he went to check out. I'll go after him since i have no skils with animals at all. Rika gets down in the herbs trying to follow devlin, while trying to sight him and his target.

OOC: Hide and Move silently +2. Spot and listen to see more about the traveller +2.

Dungannon

First Post
GPEKO:
[sblock]Still hiding, Devlin replies. "I'll reveal myself after you tell me who you are and why you are following the group on the road."[/sblock]

GPEKO

First Post
Ironwolf examines the snake. As far as he can tell, it appears natural and doesn’t fade out.

The horses are still moving away but are already looking a bit calmer, at least Rika's and Ironwolf's. Sturm's horse seems the most unnerved of them all. Planus, happy to still have a full row of teeth, jumps back on his horse and goes after Rika’s horse. Once he’s close, he slows down. It takes some time, as the animal moves away from the elf a few times, but Planus finally manages to catch the reins. Ironwolf finds an apple in his rations and starts walking toward his own horse, hoping that the fruit will lure it to him. Approaching the horse on foot might take some time however.

Rika lets the other deal with the animals and slowly advances into the long herbs, toward the traveler and, hopefully, Devlin.

Rika:
[SBLOCK]As she moves closer, Rika sees that the traveler is a dark haired half-elf. His short sword is drawn and he appears to be talking to someone on the side of the road. She doesn’t see Devlin. Rika is still 100 ft. away from the stranger.[/SBLOCK]Devlin:
[SBLOCK]“What? I’m not following anyone. I’m just traveling to Rivenblight for some family business. Now, stand up and stop hiding in the bushes like a brigand.” Somehow, Devlin finds his story hard to believe.[OOC: sense motive roll 11+5=16(success)][/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus will take the horse back to the road. "Now where did Rika get off to?" He will take a moment to scan around for Rika and Devlin. He is distracted by the snake for a moment, "Looks like we'll have some fresh food for this evening! Well, here you go." He tosses the reins to Sturm. "I'll go fetch the other horses. Finally some excitement!" He sets out to round up Sturm's horse, all the while keeping an eye out for trouble.

OOC:
Spot +5, Listen +5
Can Planus see Rika, Devlin, or the other traveller on the road when he looks around?

Patlin

Explorer
Seeing that the horses are starting to calm down, Ironwolf will take some time to refocus, while casually keeping the horse in sight.

ooc: One check per 6 seconds, requires a roll of 15 or higher to succeed. Since I'm not sure where Devlin slipped off to, I'm not going to take 20 -- too much chane I'll be interrupted in the next 2 minutes. If the horse aproaches, Ironwolf will offer the apple. If it follows the other horses, Planus may catch it first.

Dungannon

First Post
GPEKO:
[sblock]Devlin shakes his head at the half-elf's attempt at deception. Staying low, Devlin continues to try to maneuver around him, hoping to position himself at his rear.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases