(Adventure) Of eggs and desires [GnomeWorks judging]

GPEKO

First Post
Edit (forgot this): The adventurers look around a bit. They don't see anything suspicious. Just a few travellers far behind and a wagon moving toward them, in the front. Ironwolf gets some dust in his eyes and he enters the inn (OOC: I rolled a natural 1 for him). The others follow suit.

They leave their horses to the care of a stable boy. “Wow! Those are great horses. Oh, I see, they're Raddanors'! I'll take very good care of them, Sirs and Miss. They'll have some good oat to chew on.” The young man says with a huge smile.

The inn seems like a decent place, not too luxurious but still nice. The common room is rather empty at this time of day. The only occupants are a woman in her late forties and an older man who's sitting by himself, mumbling about something while taking sips of his drink. The woman approaches the group. “Hello travelers! I'm Debra, proprietor of this fine inn. Please, take a seat.” She says while indicating a table, some distance away from the mumbling man. “I'm guessing you've stop here to eat and refresh yourselves. I’ve got some of my special roasted chicken for you. It’s only 2 pieces of silver for a generous plate, with some potatoes and vegetables to go with it. So any takers? And something to drink perhaps?”

OOC: If all you want is to take a meal, we’ll fast-forward to your departure.

Last edited:

fuzzy

First Post
Yes,that sounds good. Say, whats up with the old man over there? Also, do you know what the best route to Apple Glade is? And have you heard anything about hippogriff attacks?

Patlin

Explorer
Before Ironwolf dismounts, his pet rock detatches itself from his medalion, skittering to concealment inside the saddlebags (or tack, failing saddlebags.)

Ironwolf will listen, saying little.

(OOC: Perhaps this could be considered "aiding another" on Devlin's Gather Information check.)

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
"Debra, that sounds positively delicious. I would love a plate. And some ale to wash it down with, if you don't mind."

After placing his order, Devlin will wander over to the old man.

"Excuse me sir, I was wondering if you could help me. My companions and I are making our way to a little place called Apple Glade to the north of here and we aren't sure of the directions we were given. Praytell do you have any knowledge of how to get there?"

ooc: Devlin will use his Gather Information (+8) to see if the old man knows anything about Apple Glade or the missing collectors.

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus is obviously disappointed by the lack of interesting patronage. After seeing the giant ape on his first trip to the Red Dragon he had high expectation of inns. He quickly brightens at the description of the meal. "That meal sounds wonderful!" He hands over his two silver coins. "A glass of milk would wash that down wonderfully. I love chicken. You know, one time I shot a chicken from 200 paces. Ruthuford said he had never seen such a fine shot.
"You're familiar with the Raddanor's, huh? Seem like a pretty interesting group of people. Do they stop here often?"

GPEKO

First Post
SlagMortar said:
"You're familiar with the Raddanor's, huh? Seem like a pretty interesting group of people. Do they stop here often?"
The young boy in the stables replies to Planus. He appears to be a bit shy. "Well, I'm not really familiar with them... I just reconized that small emblem on your saddle, that's all. I know that everyone of their horse I've seen were beautiful. I've heard they're a bunch of nobles in Orussus."

GPEKO

First Post
fuzzy said:
Yes,that sounds good. Say, whats up with the old man over there? Also, do you know what the best route to Apple Glade is? And have you heard anything about hippogriff attacks?
"Hippogriff attacks? Oh my! No, I can't say I've heard anything of the sort. All I've heard is that there were some bandits on the northern road to Rivenblight. Thank the gods they stay in the forest. As for Apple Glade, we receive some fine cider from there, every month or so . The path leading there is a few more miles north, about 8, on the road. You'll see a very old oak on the right-hand side. Just take the path that lead into the hill, right next to it. And don't mind my old uncle, he just had some bad luck in his life and I'm taking care of him. All right, I'll be back with your food, it won't take long."

Thinking that the old man might have more information, Devlin approaches him and asks a few question. The old man stops his mumbling but doesn't look at the younger man. He speaks in a raspy voice. "Hein? Apple Glade? I wouldn't go there if I was you. Now, get away from me! You bear the taint of the falcon."

OOC: sorry for the post frequency, I'll try to speed up a bit.

Last edited:

fuzzy

First Post
Rika eats her luch and comments on how good it is. After lunch, Rika turns to Devlin. It seems that we may be dealing with bandits, not hippogriffs. I sure hope that it's bandits, because I don't imagine many bandits being nearly as tough as my books said hippogriffs are.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin looks at Rika, a sly grin on his face, "Yeah, but bandits wouldn't be nearly as much fun." The smile disappears, though, as he makes his next comment. "I wonder what the old man meant by 'taint of the falcon', though."

SlagMortar

First Post
"Bandits, I've seen bandits before. Hmph. And I thought Sturm was joking when he said ask for directions. Finding out where you're going is half the fun of getting there. Oh well, I suppose now we won't get lost" he says sounding disappointed.

Planus moves over near the old man, "What, pray tell, is the taint of the falcon? I've only ever seen a falcon once and I'm quite sure it never tainted me."

Planus digs into his meal, quickly finishing it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases