(Adventure) Of eggs and desires [GnomeWorks judging]

GPEKO

First Post
The preceding night, Devlin and Rika teamed up to rummage through the small library in one of the living room of the Red Dragon Inn. They looked for information about the hippogriffs in various adventurer journals and other books of lore. They discovered that it's actually only the griffins that are particully fond of horse meat. The hippogriff are in fact omnivore though they often attack large grazing animals and humanoïds. The pair also read about many other details [OOC: you know most of the stuff in the MM, except the prices of the eggs, youngs ...], including numerous accounts of hippogriffs defending their nest and youngs to death.

Now, back to the present,

Lakita responds to Sturm. "Thank you, master dwarf. Your words bring me hope. Now, I must return to my duties but I do so with a lighter heart." She leaves through the same door she entered.

"Quite a woman, this Lakita. Marion is a lucky man. Or he was... Ok now, javelins? Yeah, I think we have a few of those in the armory." The smile on Old Eldon's face disappeared for a fraction of a second here but he quickly puts it back on. He also dispatches a helper to get the quivers and javelins. The man promptly returns with 3 quivers of 20 arrows and 4 javelins. Old Eldon speaks again. "So, are we all done here? Are you ready to go to leave?"

OOC: Sorry about this whole 'horse flesh' mix up... I'll shut up about it now... :p

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf Kinkaid, Human Psychic Warrior

Ironwolf takes the javelin and thanks Eldon for them, and begins adjusting the straps so that all six can be kept together. He's not sure that his throwing arm is good enough to make a difference against flying monsters, but at least it's an option. The powerfull dwarven warrior's trust in his scythe may be well placed, but Ironwolf is just as glad that his Falchion isn't his only option. Checking his center, Ironwolf confirms he is focused and ready for danger.

"Shall we head out?" Ironwolf asks the others, eyeing the proposed means of transportation warilly.

ooc: The first thing Ironwolf does each day upon waking is to meditate for two minutes and attain psionic focus. (Take 20.) He tries to remain focused at all times, so as to have his Psionic Weapon feat available for combat.

fuzzy

First Post
Rika thanks Old Eldon for the arrows, and takes 1 quiver and secures it to her backpack. She isn't to sure of their effectiveness against the hippogriffs, but it can't hurt to get off the opening shot. She turns to the party If at all posible, we should use stealth against the hippogriffs. I don't think we can take more than one in close combat.

Patlin

Explorer
"I agree, Rika. The job is to investigate. We need to be ready for a fight, but if we can get in, get out, and do the job without any fighting so much the better."

Without really thinking about it, Ironwolf adjusts the pendant on which he carries his psicrystal. A Hippogriff might not feel threatened at all by a piece of crystal that can easilly fit in the palm of a mans hand, even if it does move. With luck, a little bit of subtlety could go a long way.

ooc: Psicrystal = familiar, essentially, for those less familiar with psionics.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin readies the pack on his mule, secures his quiver, and prepares to mount the horse loaned to him.

"All ready here. Who shall take the lead?"

SlagMortar

First Post
"Thankyou for the arrows. I'm certain they will fly straight and true. Lets get on our way!"

On the trip, Planus will ride his horse back and forth, never really staying in one position among the group. He peers into the distance and points out anything remotely interesting that he sees. "Look at that dove! Over there's a gray squirrel! That leaf looks just like that cloud over there!" If anyone asks him to be quiet, he'll mumble "Sorry" and sulk for a bit, but then go back to riding back and forth to look around. He will stop himself from pointing out every little thing though.

OOC: Hopefully Planus won't annoy anyone too much. I'm planning to mature his personality a little through out his career, but wanted to start him out kinda like a little kid.

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf rides beside Rika, at least if the trail is wide enough. He studies his companions carefully. Devlin has asked an excellent question -- who should take the lead? The question has two layers, and the obvious one is the less interesting.

Planus is clearly young, and perhaps a bit flighty. Ironwolf isn't bothered by this, and wouldn't want to insult Planus or suppress him. Flighty, however, is not a good quality for a leader. Ironwolf does, however, make a mental note to suggest to Planus that he be carefull. As the groups healer, he can patch up the others if they experience a mischance. No one else can return the favor.

Ironwolf knows himself well enough to believe he'd make a poor leader. He's a bit brusk, and tends to rub others the wrong way. He'd rather quietly make suggestion, if he has the presence of mind to contain himself.

Sturm seems even more abrasive than Ironwolf believes himself to be. Clearly an experienced warrior, but not a suitable leader.

That would leave Rika and Devlin. While Rika would probably make a fine leader, especially given her sensible comment earlier, Devlin appears to be a bit more experienced, and slightly more polished.

"I don't mind riding in front with Rika, but perhaps you should take the lead Devlin. Sometimes a single leader can make time critical decisions where a leaderless group would stumble."

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin offers a rueful smile to Ironwolf.

"Aye, sometimes that's true. I'll take position up front if one of you wouldn't mind leading my mule for me."

fuzzy

First Post
Rika turns to Devlin. Sure, I'll lead your mule As the party rides, Rika will keep an eye and ear out but probably won't say much.

OOC: Spot and Listen checks +2

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases