(Adventure) Of eggs and desires [GnomeWorks judging] - Page 11




+ Log in or register to post
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 200
  1. #101
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Guilt Puppy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,559

    ø Ignore Guilt Puppy
    Sturm'll lead his horse back and dismount, then draw his weapon and attack the pesky li'l wag next round.

 

  • #102
    The snake fight:
    Sturm dismounts like the others, readying his mighty scythe. The horses, now unattended and frighten by the snake and all the activity, try to flee in different directions, in a cacophony of neighs. Planus, holding the reins in his mouth, is almost thrown to the ground but barely manages to hold on to his horse. [OOC: opposed Str checks: 9+1-2(holding in mouth)=8, horse: 4+2=6, lucky you]. Devlin’s horse remains tied to a tree but it’s pulling on its reins. On the other hand, his donkey has seen worse things and remains somewhat calm. The other horses (Rika’s, Ironwolf’s and Sturm’s) move 120 ft off the road, away from the snake.

    Ironwolf continues his attacks on the snake but it’s just too quick for the psychic warrior. He does however distract it enough for Rika to find the mark. Her slender rapier finds its way between the scales of the reptile and draws blood [OOC: dam: 1+1=2]. The snake is now wounded and surrounded by enemies. It tries to flee into the long herbs, but Rika gets it with another quick trust. The snake lays there, unmoving and bleeding. [OOC: Surrounded, the snake can’t withdraw without drawing at least 1 AoO. Rika attacks: 13+6(no longer flanking)=21, dam: 2+1=3. I presumed Rika took that AoO but, if you wish, she can just let it go away]

    Devlin:
    Spoiler:
    The half-elf stranger scans the herbs for the Devlin but he can’t spot him. His attention is suddenly averted but something happening farther up the road. While he can’t see what’s happening, Devlin is happy to use this opportunity in an attempt to move away from the road, around the path the stranger will likely take. Devlin also draws his rapier. Unfortunately, the dry herbs are once again his bane. The half-elf apparently hears him. He draws his short sword and yells: “Stop it! I can hear you, show yourself!”


    OOC: I wonder, do you think I should put all the OOC stuff (the rolls) at the end of the post? Or is it fine like this?

  • #103
    Planus will put away his bow and take the reins from his mouth. He leaps effortlessly onto his horse and moves toward the nearest of the escaped horses. When he approaches within 30 ft of a horse (not this round), he will attempt to slow down and let his horse comfort it. While riding he runs his tongue over his teeth to make sure they're all still there.

    OOC: Well, I guess the reins in the mouth was a good idea. You were probably generous in only a -2 penalty. Dice in spoiler to avoid clutter:
    Spoiler:
    [dice] +3 vs DC 15 for quick mount check

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by SlagMortar; Thursday, 2nd December, 2004 at 05:26 PM.
    Currently playing:
    Spoiler:

    Nars Blackbeard in the The Secret of Gem Hold
    Planus Anaid in the Siege in the Stonespike Mountains
    Beamer Glimmereye in The Scythe of Seto

    Other games:
    CB's Rod of Seven Parts: OOC; IC; Characters

  • #104
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Patlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,832

    ø Ignore Patlin

    Ironwolf Kinkaid, Human Psychic Warrior

    Ironwolf gives the snake a short look over, trying to determine if it is a natural or summoned creature. If it was summoned, the body ought to disapear soon, or so he assumes. Psicraft [equivalent of spellcraft] +2.

    Looking through his trail rations, Ironwolf hopes to find some item of interest to a horse, such as sugar or an apple. He'll walk towards the horses offering the treat in hopes of luring them back. (OOC: Handle Animal can't be used untrained, so this is probably doomed to failure.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Patlin
    Before Ironwolf dismounts, his pet rock detatches itself from his medalion, skittering to concealment inside the saddlebags (or tack, failing saddlebags.)
    Even if the horse moves out of site, Ironwolf's psicrystal will relay information on its current position, allowing him to eventually find it. If things get really deperate, the psicrystal will bail out and head back to Ironwolf... but unless the horse has some reason to run in a straight line, it shouldn't be a problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by GPEKO
    OOC: I wonder, do you think I should put all the OOC stuff (the rolls) at the end of the post? Or is it fine like this?
    OOC: Fine just as is!
    PbP details Invisible Castle Dice Rolling LEW DM LEB DM
    LEW PCs: Ironwolf Banion Tor LEW PCs: Anvuss Rionus el'Aundair T'Ranis

    "Daddy's teaching me to play D&D. I am his 'young apprentice.'" Brielle Patlin, 7 years old, 3/9/08.

  • #105
    Riak turns to her companions. Someone needs to go check in with Devlin. I have a bad feeling about whatever it was he went to check out. I'll go after him since i have no skils with animals at all. Rika gets down in the herbs trying to follow devlin, while trying to sight him and his target.


    OOC: Hide and Move silently +2. Spot and listen to see more about the traveller +2.

  • #106
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Dungannon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    3,590

    ø Ignore Dungannon
    GPEKO:
    Spoiler:
    Still hiding, Devlin replies. "I'll reveal myself after you tell me who you are and why you are following the group on the road."

    Devlin Magruder in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Lucien Rayes in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Living Enworld DM for R1: Hired Hands and R2: Rats in a Maze

  • #107
    Ironwolf examines the snake. As far as he can tell, it appears natural and doesn’t fade out.

    The horses are still moving away but are already looking a bit calmer, at least Rika's and Ironwolf's. Sturm's horse seems the most unnerved of them all. Planus, happy to still have a full row of teeth, jumps back on his horse and goes after Rika’s horse. Once he’s close, he slows down. It takes some time, as the animal moves away from the elf a few times, but Planus finally manages to catch the reins. Ironwolf finds an apple in his rations and starts walking toward his own horse, hoping that the fruit will lure it to him. Approaching the horse on foot might take some time however.

    Rika lets the other deal with the animals and slowly advances into the long herbs, toward the traveler and, hopefully, Devlin.

    Rika:
    Spoiler:
    As she moves closer, Rika sees that the traveler is a dark haired half-elf. His short sword is drawn and he appears to be talking to someone on the side of the road. She doesn’t see Devlin. Rika is still 100 ft. away from the stranger.
    Devlin:
    Spoiler:
    “What? I’m not following anyone. I’m just traveling to Rivenblight for some family business. Now, stand up and stop hiding in the bushes like a brigand.” Somehow, Devlin finds his story hard to believe.[OOC: sense motive roll 11+5=16(success)]
    Last edited by GPEKO; Friday, 3rd December, 2004 at 04:16 PM.

  • #108
    Planus will take the horse back to the road. "Now where did Rika get off to?" He will take a moment to scan around for Rika and Devlin. He is distracted by the snake for a moment, "Looks like we'll have some fresh food for this evening! Well, here you go." He tosses the reins to Sturm. "I'll go fetch the other horses. Finally some excitement!" He sets out to round up Sturm's horse, all the while keeping an eye out for trouble.

    OOC:
    Spot +5, Listen +5
    Can Planus see Rika, Devlin, or the other traveller on the road when he looks around?
    Currently playing:
    Spoiler:

    Nars Blackbeard in the The Secret of Gem Hold
    Planus Anaid in the Siege in the Stonespike Mountains
    Beamer Glimmereye in The Scythe of Seto

    Other games:
    CB's Rod of Seven Parts: OOC; IC; Characters

  • #109
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Patlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,832

    ø Ignore Patlin
    Seeing that the horses are starting to calm down, Ironwolf will take some time to refocus, while casually keeping the horse in sight.

    ooc: One check per 6 seconds, requires a roll of 15 or higher to succeed. Since I'm not sure where Devlin slipped off to, I'm not going to take 20 -- too much chane I'll be interrupted in the next 2 minutes. If the horse aproaches, Ironwolf will offer the apple. If it follows the other horses, Planus may catch it first.
    PbP details Invisible Castle Dice Rolling LEW DM LEB DM
    LEW PCs: Ironwolf Banion Tor LEW PCs: Anvuss Rionus el'Aundair T'Ranis

    "Daddy's teaching me to play D&D. I am his 'young apprentice.'" Brielle Patlin, 7 years old, 3/9/08.

  • #110
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Dungannon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    3,590

    ø Ignore Dungannon
    GPEKO:
    Spoiler:
    Devlin shakes his head at the half-elf's attempt at deception. Staying low, Devlin continues to try to maneuver around him, hoping to position himself at his rear.

    Devlin Magruder in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Lucien Rayes in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Living Enworld DM for R1: Hired Hands and R2: Rats in a Maze

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. DM Screen Desires
      By Ghaerdon Fain in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2008, 05:07 AM
    2. Bane VS. Ash'lon II...Gnomeworks judging!
      By Phoenix8008 in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: Saturday, 13th November, 2004, 03:27 PM
    3. Sho-zu defeats Taralas! Thanks to Gnomeworks for judging!
      By Phoenix8008 in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Monday, 8th November, 2004, 04:32 AM
    4. Elemental Desires
      By andrew_kenrick in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Thursday, 29th July, 2004, 10:04 PM
    5. Replies: 0
      Last Post: Friday, 22nd August, 2003, 03:28 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •