(Adventure) Of eggs and desires [GnomeWorks judging] - Page 5


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 200
  1. #41
    Registered User


    GPEKO's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    MontrÚal QuÚbec
    Posts
    693
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore GPEKO
    The preceding night, Devlin and Rika teamed up to rummage through the small library in one of the living room of the Red Dragon Inn. They looked for information about the hippogriffs in various adventurer journals and other books of lore. They discovered that it's actually only the griffins that are particully fond of horse meat. The hippogriff are in fact omnivore though they often attack large grazing animals and humano´ds. The pair also read about many other details [OOC: you know most of the stuff in the MM, except the prices of the eggs, youngs ...], including numerous accounts of hippogriffs defending their nest and youngs to death.

    Now, back to the present,

    Lakita responds to Sturm. "Thank you, master dwarf. Your words bring me hope. Now, I must return to my duties but I do so with a lighter heart." She leaves through the same door she entered.

    "Quite a woman, this Lakita. Marion is a lucky man. Or he was... Ok now, javelins? Yeah, I think we have a few of those in the armory." The smile on Old Eldon's face disappeared for a fraction of a second here but he quickly puts it back on. He also dispatches a helper to get the quivers and javelins. The man promptly returns with 3 quivers of 20 arrows and 4 javelins. Old Eldon speaks again. "So, are we all done here? Are you ready to go to leave?"


    OOC: Sorry about this whole 'horse flesh' mix up... I'll shut up about it now...

 

  • #42
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Patlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,832
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Patlin

    Ironwolf Kinkaid, Human Psychic Warrior

    Ironwolf takes the javelin and thanks Eldon for them, and begins adjusting the straps so that all six can be kept together. He's not sure that his throwing arm is good enough to make a difference against flying monsters, but at least it's an option. The powerfull dwarven warrior's trust in his scythe may be well placed, but Ironwolf is just as glad that his Falchion isn't his only option. Checking his center, Ironwolf confirms he is focused and ready for danger.

    "Shall we head out?" Ironwolf asks the others, eyeing the proposed means of transportation warilly.

    ooc: The first thing Ironwolf does each day upon waking is to meditate for two minutes and attain psionic focus. (Take 20.) He tries to remain focused at all times, so as to have his Psionic Weapon feat available for combat.
    PbP details Invisible Castle Dice Rolling LEW DM LEB DM
    LEW PCs: Ironwolf Banion Tor LEW PCs: Anvuss Rionus el'Aundair T'Ranis

    "Daddy's teaching me to play D&D. I am his 'young apprentice.'" Brielle Patlin, 7 years old, 3/9/08.

  • #43
    Rika thanks Old Eldon for the arrows, and takes 1 quiver and secures it to her backpack. She isn't to sure of their effectiveness against the hippogriffs, but it can't hurt to get off the opening shot. She turns to the party If at all posible, we should use stealth against the hippogriffs. I don't think we can take more than one in close combat.

  • #44
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Patlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,832
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Patlin
    "I agree, Rika. The job is to investigate. We need to be ready for a fight, but if we can get in, get out, and do the job without any fighting so much the better."

    Without really thinking about it, Ironwolf adjusts the pendant on which he carries his psicrystal. A Hippogriff might not feel threatened at all by a piece of crystal that can easilly fit in the palm of a mans hand, even if it does move. With luck, a little bit of subtlety could go a long way.

    ooc: Psicrystal = familiar, essentially, for those less familiar with psionics.
    PbP details Invisible Castle Dice Rolling LEW DM LEB DM
    LEW PCs: Ironwolf Banion Tor LEW PCs: Anvuss Rionus el'Aundair T'Ranis

    "Daddy's teaching me to play D&D. I am his 'young apprentice.'" Brielle Patlin, 7 years old, 3/9/08.

  • #45
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Dungannon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    3,590
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Dungannon
    Devlin readies the pack on his mule, secures his quiver, and prepares to mount the horse loaned to him.

    "All ready here. Who shall take the lead?"

    Devlin Magruder in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Lucien Rayes in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Living Enworld DM for R1: Hired Hands and R2: Rats in a Maze

  • #46
    I don't know. I'll take the lead if noone else wants to.
    Rika mounts her horse.

  • #47
    "Thankyou for the arrows. I'm certain they will fly straight and true. Lets get on our way!"

    On the trip, Planus will ride his horse back and forth, never really staying in one position among the group. He peers into the distance and points out anything remotely interesting that he sees. "Look at that dove! Over there's a gray squirrel! That leaf looks just like that cloud over there!" If anyone asks him to be quiet, he'll mumble "Sorry" and sulk for a bit, but then go back to riding back and forth to look around. He will stop himself from pointing out every little thing though.

    OOC: Hopefully Planus won't annoy anyone too much. I'm planning to mature his personality a little through out his career, but wanted to start him out kinda like a little kid.
    Currently playing:
    Spoiler:

    Nars Blackbeard in the The Secret of Gem Hold
    Planus Anaid in the Siege in the Stonespike Mountains
    Beamer Glimmereye in The Scythe of Seto

    Other games:
    CB's Rod of Seven Parts: OOC; IC; Characters

  • #48
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Patlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,832
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Patlin
    Ironwolf rides beside Rika, at least if the trail is wide enough. He studies his companions carefully. Devlin has asked an excellent question -- who should take the lead? The question has two layers, and the obvious one is the less interesting.

    Planus is clearly young, and perhaps a bit flighty. Ironwolf isn't bothered by this, and wouldn't want to insult Planus or suppress him. Flighty, however, is not a good quality for a leader. Ironwolf does, however, make a mental note to suggest to Planus that he be carefull. As the groups healer, he can patch up the others if they experience a mischance. No one else can return the favor.

    Ironwolf knows himself well enough to believe he'd make a poor leader. He's a bit brusk, and tends to rub others the wrong way. He'd rather quietly make suggestion, if he has the presence of mind to contain himself.

    Sturm seems even more abrasive than Ironwolf believes himself to be. Clearly an experienced warrior, but not a suitable leader.

    That would leave Rika and Devlin. While Rika would probably make a fine leader, especially given her sensible comment earlier, Devlin appears to be a bit more experienced, and slightly more polished.

    "I don't mind riding in front with Rika, but perhaps you should take the lead Devlin. Sometimes a single leader can make time critical decisions where a leaderless group would stumble."
    PbP details Invisible Castle Dice Rolling LEW DM LEB DM
    LEW PCs: Ironwolf Banion Tor LEW PCs: Anvuss Rionus el'Aundair T'Ranis

    "Daddy's teaching me to play D&D. I am his 'young apprentice.'" Brielle Patlin, 7 years old, 3/9/08.

  • #49
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Dungannon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    3,590
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Dungannon
    Devlin offers a rueful smile to Ironwolf.

    "Aye, sometimes that's true. I'll take position up front if one of you wouldn't mind leading my mule for me."

    Devlin Magruder in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Lucien Rayes in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Living Enworld DM for R1: Hired Hands and R2: Rats in a Maze

  • #50
    Rika turns to Devlin. Sure, I'll lead your mule As the party rides, Rika will keep an eye and ear out but probably won't say much.


    OOC: Spot and Listen checks +2
    Last edited by fuzzy; Thursday, 18th November, 2004 at 04:10 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. DM Screen Desires
      By Ghaerdon Fain in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2008, 06:07 AM
    2. Bane VS. Ash'lon II...Gnomeworks judging!
      By Phoenix8008 in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: Saturday, 13th November, 2004, 04:27 PM
    3. Sho-zu defeats Taralas! Thanks to Gnomeworks for judging!
      By Phoenix8008 in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Monday, 8th November, 2004, 05:32 AM
    4. Elemental Desires
      By andrew_kenrick in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Thursday, 29th July, 2004, 11:04 PM
    5. Replies: 0
      Last Post: Friday, 22nd August, 2003, 04:28 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •