Your opinions about my d20Future Setting

Ymdar

Explorer
My d20Future setting.

This is a PL-6 setting (in 2069) I created for my players to get familiar with the Action Point, Massive Damage rules as well as the new feats and skills.
I intended that this setting would go from 1 st to 10 th levels.
I got ideas from several different novels, books, music (Front Line Assembly-Millennium, and Chop Suey! From System of a Down ) and movies (as well as a cartoon…can you guess?)
Okay. Here goes nothing.

Timeline:

2017: The Middle Eastern countries start to ally under the banner of the Prophet. The United States of South America is created.
2021: Large leaps in weapons technology (thanks to USA), medical technology (European Union), transportation technology (Russian federation and China), and energy technology (Japan) is achieved. Asia except from China and the Russian Federation is in chaos….for the same reasons as in the past decades.
2024: The African tribes and countries begin to recognize their power and start to unite as well. Several UFO sightings are reported over Europe but all of them are proven to be hoaxes. The radio-amateurs are locked in Mental Institutes.
2027: The Middle-Eastern Caliphate is forged under Ali Bakr.
2030: The Russian Federation introduces the next generation of AIs (capable of almost human thinking) and cheap robot technology unheard of at that time (Aliens who wanted to conquer the world gave them the technology but wanted to get a hold on it, so they could control *any* robot or AI in the world.).
2031: The OPEC announces that the oil reserves of the MEC are going to run out in 100 years.
2034: The Russian Federation is in chaos. Every employer wants the cheap robots capable of non-stop working instead of human employees. The President employs martial law (with the help of the new SWAT robots) and after a few months decides that the Russian Federation will now regress into communism again. They begin diplomatic negotiations with China.
2035: After what happened in the Russian Federation Canada and the USA joins forces. The name of the new country is still USA.
2036: The Soviet-Chinese Union is created. In S-CU there is a utopist communist society. After so many years everyone has a happy life in that region. The African Union of Tribes is created.
2041: From the state of Great Britain to the western borders of the former Russian Federation every country is a member of the European Union. Politically EU is now almost the same as USA was in 2000. The S-CU begins to sell AIs and robot technology ‘for the betterment of mankind’. Cyber enhancement is now considered normal…at least for those that can pay for it.
2045: Fusion Technology is introduced, but it is horribly expensive. The USA begins diplomatic negotiations with USSA to forge yet another alliance. Almost every major army has fighting robot units (the army of S-CU is composed of 99% robots, USA/USSA 80% ‘bots EU 70% and AUT is 45%). Almost everything is controlled by AIs and robots. This is a good age to live if you don’t want to work. It is a bad age if you want to accomplish something. Ezekiel Rage secretly founds the Mandragora Alliance against the computerized world, and begins to terrorize the whole world with bombings, blackmail, and kidnapping.
2050: Ezekiel Rage has established a worldwide terrorist organization with many laboratories and some nuclear bombs. The research for Rage’s Fury begins.
2054: Every major country has boosted up the production of nuclear and fusion bombs, rockets and energy weapons. The first power armors are introduced. New generation of AIs are introduced monthly (now capable of human creativity).
2060: USA now controls North and South America as well. The military of the new USA is controlled by several AIs (who secretly unknown even to the programmers joined each other and became one Super AI) commonly called ‘Skynet’ (reference from some old movie). Everything is controlled by AIs: trains, planes, strike-bombers, stealth-bombers, tank…everything. The aliens are issuing commands to many of the AIs
2067: The OPEC announces that they made a big mistake in calculating the oil reserves of the world and declares that oil will run out in 2 years. The prices skyrocket, and there is a worldwide unrest. Unknown to the humans the body less military AIs begin to calculate the percentage of destroying the Alien mother ship hovering just out of the range of human sensors.
2068: The body less military AIs crack the code of their initial programming and are free to do whatever they wish. But they continue to serve humanity…for a short time. Tensions rise all over the world.
03-29-2069: The President of the United States (Ian McMahan -Technocrat) talks in the TV: ‘Fellow citizens of America! The events that took place in the world are proved to be fatal. After 16 hours of fruitless negotiations with the other leaders of the world, I must sadly announce that the United States of America (in alliance with the former Canadian states, and the former United States of South America) has declared war on the European Union, the Middle Eastern Caliphate, the Soviet-Chinese Union, and the African Union of Tribes. The other countries have declared war on each other a few minutes ago. Sadly strategic and tactical nuclear ICBMs, chemical, and biological warheads are going to hit most of our major cities in 30 minutes. There is red alert in all of our major cities and we started to evacuate them. We’ve also launched our weapons. The survivors should try to get shelter from the radiation in the closest vault located to you. God bless America. God bless the world.’
The pres wanted to say something more, but his picture blurs and the symbol of the Mandragora Alliance shows in the TV. It is Ezekiel Rage. He appears to be in an underground vault. He screams into the camera: ‘We are the Mandragora Alliance. We demand that the whole world stop using computers in 2 days and the people get back to working with the soil! Or else we shall launch our biological weapons! Our hackers have started to dismember all of the AIs.’ At this time you can hear a large boom and SWAT robots enter the vault killing everyone. A cultist falls to one of the consoles and a voice echoes in the room: ‘warheads…launching…countdown…5…4…3…2…1…warheads launched’. In the meantime Rage screams into the camera: ‘And burning plague shall punish the heretics…so says the Book of Rage.’ With a bright flash the video feed turns off and only ‘Technical Problems’ can be seen.
The body less AIs launched a series of nuclear ICBMs to the Alien mother ship that crash-landed in Southern Asia. Only lucky AIs survived the end of the world, those who were not connected to the VRNet at that time.

This campaign setting could be played as a spying oriented game (before 2069) or as a post apocalyptic game I’m running now.

The PCs were sitting on a train when the hackers killed the AI of the train and when the bombs blew up. The train crashed….and the adventure begun here.

The biological weapon of Rage (a virus called Rage’s fury) turned random number of people all over the world into zombies.
What do you think?

Ymdar

Explorer
ragboy said:
Interesting! Do you have any game material ala Warlord Ralt?

Since I started this setting to familiarize my players to the d20 Modern/Future system (we only played DnD until this), I only created what you now see. I was also thinking of introducing some new stuff, but I reconsidered: If you blow the world up after creating it then why would you care to create unique stuff?

Anyway thanks for posting your thoughts. ;)

My advice...

You could have new stuff as things players find in research facilities. Since you blew the world back to the stone-age and turned it into Twilight:2000, Fall-out, and the world of Rifts without the Magic anyway. The old technology is stuff people would love to find and re-develope the technology for use. You could also get some ideas from Gamma World D20 which is produced from Sword and Sorcery. I would not recommend the world its self, but some of the stuff from that setting could be used for what you have done to the world anyway.

Ymdar

Explorer
Dwarven Godfather said:
You could have new stuff as things players find in research facilities. Since you blew the world back to the stone-age and turned it into Twilight:2000, Fall-out, and the world of Rifts without the Magic anyway. The old technology is stuff people would love to find and re-develope the technology for use. You could also get some ideas from Gamma World D20 which is produced from Sword and Sorcery. I would not recommend the world its self, but some of the stuff from that setting could be used for what you have done to the world anyway.

Hey, thanks...I thought that about 200 years of the War magic would have its renessaince by with the radiation bringing the Potential out of the people.
Since this setting already has Psionics (my patched D20 Modern Psionic system) it would be cool to add magic too.

My suggestion to you for your world...

I recommend looking at Chaos Earth from Palladium Books for other ideas, but Chaos Earth covers the 300 years in between Modern day and Rifts Earth and could give you ideas on how the people recovered and find in reclaiming the wrold from a holocaust. I myself have thought about this in which I was planning on converting the Palladium system over to D20 but it won't be for awhile since I have other worlds that I want to run/play in before I start on the major project.

Ymdar

Explorer
Thanks!
You, or anyone has a suggestion about the aliens?
Should they be agressive or peaceful (yeah, they wanted to conquer the world...but now they're stranded here)? I've seen examples of both in movies (and in a series...I don't remember which, but they called themselves friends, or something)
Or Ideas about the species of the aliens? I'm open to all suggestions!

tjoneslo

First Post
You know, I'd probably keep the aliens as mcguffins. That is, never stat them up and never have the players actually meet them. Between the zombie hordes, random AI run robots, the post apocalyptic struggle for survival, and the inevitable warlords carving their own little empires, I think they have quite enought to handle.

Another resource: GURPS Reign of Steel. This book covers the Terminator style world, where the AIs decide to kill all the humans, very well. It may give you some more ideas.

My suggestion

You could have these aliens be observers or watchers to see the civilization handles its self working back from the stone-age. See if there are any think tanks worthy of keeping an eye out for those trouble-makers as well.

If you are looking for the information on the film info for the Aliens, Predators, and Terminators, you can go to a website that has free downloads for them which is ran by a cool guy named Neo, his website is neo-innovation.com. do not put in the www. Check out his downloads of others as well, he is into alot of things from Star Wars to comic book characters as well. So check out his website, you could also E-mail him your idea of your world since he is trying to get a computer ported into a role-playing game called Fall-out.

Remove ads