(Adventure) The Lost Gem [Creamsteak judging]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Tumna
"Has somebody shown interest in the gem any time recently? And why do you keep a family heirloom out in the open like that anyway?"

"Not that I can recall." Jamaris says. "As for keeping it out in the open... well, I think that beautiful gems should be displayed. And, perhaps, if someone offered enough..." He shrugs.

Semabin
"As a gem originally from Medibaria... would some consider it a sign for that... empire?"

Jamaris shrugs. "Doubtful. The empire that was Medibaria fell long ago, or so it is said in my family, and what remains is little of what it once was. With this gem having been in my family for so long, I doubt it has any sort of connection with Medibaria itself."

OoC: Zerth - sorry about that... I hope you don't feel like I'm ignoring you. :)

IcyCool

First Post
Deos Kirith - Human Wizard 1

Deos circles around the room once more before asking Jamaris, "Do you have any living relatives who know of the gem? Where and from whom did you get the case? And lastly, where were you and the keys the evening the gem went missing?" Deos appears to be enjoying himself immensely as he paces back and forth.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Deos
"Do you have any living relatives who know of the gem?"

"No. My parents died many years ago, and I have no family of my own. Cas here," Jamaris indicates the boy, "is an apprentice, sent over from a family on a farm east of here."

Deos
"Where and from whom did you get the case?"

"It's been in the store for the last few generations." Jamaris explains.

Deos
"And lastly, where were you and the keys the evening the gem went missing?"

"I was home." Jamaris says. "Resting. I had just made a necklace inset with some very small diamonds yesterday - very tiring work, I assure you - and went home to relax. Cas was with me the entire time, as well. We left around sunset."

fuzzy

First Post
Celeste Raynal

Celeste runs in, breathing hard. Sorry I'm late. What did I miss? She then starts walking around and looking at everything. She also focuses on the conversation, trying to see if anyone is hiding anything.

OOC: Search check untrained (+0), Know(psionics) (+4) and untrained Knowledge (+0) to analyze any evidence, and Sense Motive (+1) to listen in on the conversation

IcyCool

First Post

Jamaris said:
"No. My parents died many years ago, and I have no family of my own. Cas here," Jamaris indicates the boy, "is an apprentice, sent over from a family on a farm east of here."

Deos grins and ruffles the boy's hair. "He certainly seems like an eager lad."

Jamaris said:
"It's been in the store for the last few generations." Jamaris explains.

He raises an eyebrow, "Has it been broken into before?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Deos
"He certainly seems like an eager lad."

Jamaris nods, and Cas smiles. "Ooh!" He points to Celeste. "Another adventurerer!" He looks to Jamaris. "I'll go tell her what's goin' on!" He then rushes to Celeste, and starts talking very quickly, his voice punctuated every few moments with an exclamation.

OoC: fuzzy, consider yourself filled in. :)

Deos
"Has it been broken into before?"

Jamaris shakes his head. "No, not to my knowledge."

IcyCool

First Post

Deos walks over to the door and points out the damage near the lock. "It looks like someone may have broken in. Have you opened the case since the gem disappeared?"

Last edited:

fuzzy

First Post
Celeste looks at the damage to the door.Do you mind if we look around in the workshop? It might reveal some useful evidence

IcyCool

First Post

Deos jumps for a moment at Celeste's voice. Then he looks around blinking, seeming to see all the adventurers present for the first time.

"I beg your pardon, I've been terribly rude. Might I have all of your names? I've already me the lovely lady Lakeside, but who are you others?"

After getting their responses, Deos glances at Jamaris, "Pardon the interruption, please continue."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases