Rebel Alliance: Freedom Fighters

Turanil

First Post
Major Trual'Nuin - duros noble (3rd lvl)

- "So lets summarize the situation. First, we have an assault transport and two X-Wings, obviously rebel unless we have got electronic disguise, to intrude discreetly on an imperial planet with two fleet in orbit around it. Then, we have a building surrounded by imperial troops, that we must enter and leave without them noticing. For now, the sewers seem to be the best way, but...? Then, we must escape the planet without drawing attention. Pretty tough heh? It's the reason I would like us to prepare a less straightforward plan; something with ruse and deviousness..."

- "Just to begin with, I propose that immediately when landing on the planet, we try to find... I mean steal, some imperial starship. Then we get the people we are supposed to free. Then, lets a few of the defective imperials escape in our assault transport, or maybe just a droid. Then, we go away in the imperial stolen starship. Lets our two X-Wings fly in front of us, and if need be lets pretend we are hunting them, while they do diversion from the rebel assault transport. What d'you think all?! At least this idea should not prove too difficult to implement... huh?"

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
2nd Lt. Gorwooken, wookie scout

Gorken nods and growls "aArrrrgg rrrnnnnn gggooorrr. Rrrmmm rRRrggg aaaArrrrr hhhhrrrr"
For those who speak Shyriiwook
"Yes I like the idea of stealing an Imperial ship. Sending out false orders might help some also but maybe we should hold off on that when we are leaving to cause the most confusion we can

A young human tech who had been finishing up with something on the transport, hopped down and stepped over. He smiled and said nervously, "Um...everythings ready for you. Kind of wish I could go, this place is cramped...but um...uh...if you do get an Imperial ship, can I uh...have a look over it when you get back?"

Turanil

First Post

Trual'Nuin is a bit surprised, because he hadn't noticed the technician. However he warmly smiles (at least it's a warm smile for duros...) and replies:

- "Of course!! If we can get our hands on an imperial starship and get it back here, it will be for the Rebel Alliance. It's not a theft for our own pockets! I am sure you will be able to get a thorough look at it then. Probably, we could get more use of it for later missions... but just let begin this one first!

Last edited:

Turanil

First Post

Trual'Nuin waits for a moment the others, but none seems to have anything else to say. Everyone appears to be ready, so why wait any longer? Trual'Nuin looks at his companions and solemny declares:

- "Okay, enough said! Now is time for action and duty! Everyone has his equipment and weapons? So lets go to the den of iniquity in the name of freedom and justice!"

With that the team takes place in the starships, which take off one minute later, directly into space...

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Lt. Lyss Arkess, SpyNet infiltrator

“Stealing an imperial starship won't be easy, but if we can manage it, that would drastically improve our chances for sure. We have to take a look on the situation, if we are there. Maybe we can find an opening, which we can use to get in.”

It was a long hyperspace jump, but not nearly as long for those in the transport as it was for the two pilots in the X-Wings. They were stuck for a good hour in the cramped cockpits while the others had room to move around. Luckily, they were given something to do. Because of the approach vector the hyperspace route would take them in, they were making two extra jumps to literally come in behind the system while the fleets should be engaged on the other side.

This meant short breaks so that the pilot's could at least see something other than the long blue of hyperspace outside of the small cockpit interior. After the last jump, you arrived in the Carida system. The single star burned quietly in the distance, though the scanners of your ships had quickly locked onto the destination.

When the HUD showed an enlarged image of the planet, it confirmed that so far, things were going well. No ships were visible. Which meant one of two things. Either the Imperial fleets were engaged by the Alliance fleet on the other side of the planet, or the Imperials were simply waiting. The first was more likely.

Then, to confirm this again, the comm beeped and the voice of a Mon Calamari spoke, "This is Admiral Eskah aboard the Defiance. Good to see you're early. We're having more trouble than expected keeping the Imperial fleet busy. We'll have to withdraw sooner than first anticipated, so you're going to have to do this as quickly as possible, or we won't be able to cover you."

Turanil

First Post

Trual'Nuin looks the planet, then the screens, and says:

- "The first things that come to my mind are to first try to use any cloud cover to hide our approach once in the planet's atmosphere; then to scan the area where me will have to intervene, to get info on the place."

He looks at the two others with him, and speaks to the X-Wing pilots as well through the com-link:

- "I also would like to hear your suggestions..."

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
2nd Lt. Gorwooken, wookie scout

Gorken growls to the Major "RRooonnn aaaArrrhhhnnn Gggrrrrrooo"
For those who speak Shyriiwook
"Sneaking onto a planet full of Stormtrooper is about the best I got"

Thanee

First Post
Lt. Lyss Arkess, SpyNet infiltrator

“We should look for a starport or other landing platform, since we are after a ship. Also, nearby forests or other natural barriers could make our approach easier.”

Remove ads