Most Unusual or Outrageous Character or NPC Names

fredramsey

First Post
Ok. A long time ago, on an Air Force base far, far away, lived a fledgling D&D player named George. I finally talked George into creating a Dwarf character, because I thought he would enjoy it. After he was done creating the character, I said, "Now, George, your character names so far have not been very original. Try to come up with a cool name for this dwarf."

So, George thought, and thought, and thought some more, and he spoke the dwarf's name. It was a word that has 4 letters in common with Fire Truck, the dwarf. Yes, that's right, @#$% the Dwarf! And so a legend was born.

His first adventuring companion was a wizard. Named Ugly. An NPC asked them their names. Ugly said, "We're @#% and Ugly!" To which the NPC replied, "I know, but what are your names?"

Enjoy. :lol:

Jolly Giant

First Post
We've generally avoided joke names for characters in our group, but the second character I ever played was a half-elf bard called Sivle Artanis. Nobody in the group ever even realized it was a joke name... :p

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
My very first experience with D&D was with a group running a Basic Set game in a hobby store some 25 years ago. The person who was showing me how the game was played had a 1st level Fighter with 3 hit points. He named him Sir Runalot. After a messy death involving barels of flaming oil, he rolled up another character, another Fighter, but this one had only 1 hit point. He named him Sir Diesalot.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Jolly Giant said:
We've generally avoided joke names for characters in our group, but the second character I ever played was a half-elf bard called Sivle Artanis. Nobody in the group ever even realized it was a joke name... :p

OK, I'm not getting the joke...what am I missing?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases