Most Unusual or Outrageous Character or NPC Names

Wonger

First Post
A wizard in a party I ran was an oriental-flavored elf: Who Flung Poo.

Then he built a flesh golem and named it: One Hung Low.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I used to think that my friend's Planescape character, Jarlath Ziyax Drakkar, had an outrageous name - but then I watched Day of the Dead, which stars an actor named Jarlath Conroy. Pure coincidence, however - as you can guess, my friend was going for a kind of Norse theme.

In that same game another friend of mine played a rogue modron - taking his cue from Nordom in Planescape: Torment, he named his character Opsepn.

Nellisir

Hero
I used to play occasionally in a friend's "walk-in" Saturday morning D&D game at the local comic shop, and I'd play the cleric NPC (usually known as "the cleric").

As I began playing more frequently, I eventually changed his name to Amedi Vak.

Cheers
Nell.

cjdc1973

First Post
In my long term Epic campaign, we have a Gnome Illusionist/Arcane Trickster named Who. All of his siblings are named after various other interogatives; What, Where, When, Why and How....

The usual word abuse and hilariousness ensues.

Nightcloak

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Our current campaign has fairly serious names for characters, but the jokes get tied to the familiars & animal companions (and the occasional NPC whose name I haven't quite thought through all the way). Ex:

The sorcerer's fox familiar, Redd
The ranger's ox companion, Mulebone
The bard's riding lizard, Pony

Ditto - Our mounts end up with names like target, lunch, and cover.

Aliro

First Post
We had a wizard in our party, Vaslov the Odiferous (may he rest in peace), who had a raven for a familiar. He failed to name it right away (or the real name got lost in the shuffle), so we started calling him "Pecker." You can use your imangination to see where the jokes went...and it only got worse. :lol:

Poor Vaslov never had a chance. He never bathed (hence the title) and the only time he ever got sick was when we had to swim through some water in a cave. He was convinced that bathing made you sick.

--Aliro

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
A pick up, bookless game had a pair of half brothers - Knott, and Hardly. Their Surname - Credible.

It became an actual world set 200 yrs later then the first adventure, and there was a famous general NPC of the same family, General Thatsin.

Pakin Heat - a bard/thief (name obviously fake, used to avoid his past crimes)
Algo Ore - a halfling druid. played by a staunch republican.
Duddly D'wright a dwarf pladin with int of 6 - see sig.

Xaxhflex - from the random name rolling method.

Roll d6: 1-3 Concient, 4-5 vowel, 6 name ends
there are 20 concients and 6 vowels if y is considered a vowel.
its almost too obvious.

Remove ads