Most Unusual or Outrageous Character or NPC Names

Sejs

First Post
Dandy Leanpockets - halfling bard (yes, named after the microwavable foodstuff)
In a similar vein, our group was at one point graced with the presence of one Mr. Yu-Sing Eggrollsnacks.

ivocaliban

First Post
AFGNCAAP said:
He also played a mongrelman cleric called Baaaaaaaaaah (yes, as in the animal sound).

This brings to mind one of the very first D&D games I actually played in. My good friend Rob played a druid whose name I no longer recall, but his animal companion was a sheep called Honey. Draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:

ivocaliban

First Post
Sejs said:
In a similar vein, our group was at one point graced with the presence of one Mr. Yu-Sing Eggrollsnacks.

Did Mr. Eggrollsnacks get eaten by a dragon? Mr. Leanpockets did. An apparently dieting white dragon, to be precise, because it only ate the halfling. Oh, well, white does make one look heavier.

Aesmael

Explorer
My lil sis has a dwarf bard who goes by the name Miranda. That's unusual because his parents named him Cyrus. Bit of an imprinting problem there, raised by merfolk, thinks he's a mermaid. Her ambition seems to be for him to drown.

Two sidenotes, there's also a Nicodemus in the group (bladeling barbarian), never occurred to me to think of it as outrageous, guess you had to see the rat to get it. And second, the bard has the lowest charisma in the whole group, at 16. What's that about first time players only being concerned with killing? Sure, but we want them to love us for it too ;)

Judas

First Post
Oh yes, I do recall our group at one time having to take a long journey on a ship named "The Laden Swallow". The captain was once polymorphed into a newt, but he got better.

William Ronald

Explorer
I suppose the worst name I encountered for a character, that was not meant to be patently offensive (as in the offend Eric Noah's grandmother category of offensive) was Typewriterus Wringerus. This was in a high school campaign long ago. At one point, the DM told the players that they turn a corner and see an alcove. One player responded by saying "I'll attack it." So, when will we see the alcove and epic level alcove stats for 3.5? :D

Larcen

Explorer
I once had a wizard named Metamucil. His familiar was Ex-Lax. Hey, I still say it SOUNDS like a good wizard and familiar name, no?

But the funniest name I ever heard was from a friend of ours who hadn't played for years. When asked what his barbarian's name was he deadpanned: "I am F#%. Of the mountain. I like sheep."

I guess it was his straightfaced delivery. You had to be there.

Last edited:

s/LaSH

First Post
Trainz said:
Not necessarily outrageous, but remember the movie Bigby and the Secret of Nim ?

There was a rat who was some kind of wizard (cool scenes with him in it) that was named Nichodemus.

I have used the name Nichodemus quite often for arcanists IMC over the years.

I think it's NIMH, an acronym for something research-ey. My spelling of such things is probably enhanced by having only read the book.

And the name Nicodemus has shown up in other places of lore over time, too; I think the Fighting Fantasy gamebooks have Nicodemus as a wizard who lives under a bridge somewhere...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases