[Rokugan] Blood and Cherry Blossoms

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Shosuro Reiko
Ryoko Owari

The Okasan slides the screen shut behind him, and quietly pads away.

Sensei Shosuro Aroru stood with his back to him, gazing at a print of a waterfall that hung upon the wall. He ignored Reiko for some time, before turning to face him. Though her wore a mask of scarlet and black that covered most of his face, Reiko could tell from his posture that he was annoyed about something.

“Reiko-san. I heard that you were successful on your last trip,” he said at last.

Kakita Ai
Kyuden Kakita

There are indeed people on the other side. Both of her parents sat upon cushions at a low table, playing a game of Go. Her mother had a game piece in hand, and sat studying the board, while her father looked up as she entered.

“Ah, Ai-chan. Sit down,” her father said, gesturing toward a third cushion at the table. He was a younger man, with his dark hair cut short. He sat cross-legged, with his elbows propped upon his knees.

“We were beginning to think that you brother had forgotten to give you our message,” her mother murmured, her eyes never leaving the game board. Unlike Yoshimori, Akane dyed her hair white, as many Cranes did, to honor Lady Doji. She placed her game piece upon the board, before folding her slender hands in her lap.

Ikoma Itarabi
Kyuden Ikoma

Ikoma Tukuo looked up at his son, before bursting into uproarious laughter. “Please, Itarabi-kun, we are not at court. Sit down, have some sake.” Tukuo was a big man, with broad shoulders and well-muscled arms. His silk kimono was cut in a manner to hide his belly, which had no doubt grown as a result of his love of sake. “Where have you been hiding yourself? I never see you around the castle anymore.”

Hyota
Kitsune Mori

“Well met, Hyota-san. I am known as Satsume, and this is my daughter, Juri. We are headed to the autumn festival at Kyuden Bayushi. And where are your travels taking you?”

Though Satsume was friendly enough, Juri never once raised her green eyes from the stew she was preparing. Perhaps she was shy.

Togashi Cho
Shiro Togashi

Tamori-san listens as Cho speaks, occasionally nodding at what he had to say. The servant brings the tea as Cho finishes his story, and Tamori-san begins to pour it. “Ah, youthful pride. I remember it well. Tell me, Togashi-san, have you traveled far from Shiro Togashi?”

Isawa Renshi
Shiro Isawa

Sensei Boten gives the half bow a raised eyebrow, silently chastising him for his rudeness. He quickly rolls up the scroll, and places it into a small pocket within his sleeve. “You need to learn respect, Renshi-san. There are many who would take offense at your attitude.”

Consdering the lecture to be finished, Boten then turns the conversation to another topic. “Tell me again of your goals.”

Scotley

Hero
Itarabi Human Rogue/Courtier

Itarabi smiles broadly as he takes a seat. "Thank you father it is good to see you. I have been very busy working hard. You have brought much glory on the house in your time, while I am but a young man and you have set a high standard for me to live up to." He accepts the sake with a nod. "How have you been father?"

Li Shenron

Legend
Ai

Ai politely greets her parents and sits on the cushion. The sight of father and mother playing a game has made her somewhat less nervous, as she has been afraid her summoning here was because of bad news. However, she still is wondering if her parents aren't just trying to make her feel more confortable before explaining what is up.

Renshi nodded at the Sensei's words, knowing he needs to stop living in his own world as much as he does. Upon hearing the question, Renshi composes himself and speaks quietly, "I believe the most important goal for me now is to control my emotions. They does not get in the way of my studies, but you are right in warning me about respect. You know I harbor no ill will, Sensei, I just...my mind wanders where it should not. Whether this is a product of my studies, I do not know," he paused a moment, thinking of the other implications of the question, "I wish to know more of this magic so that one day I shall be as wise as you are, Sensei."

valeren

First Post
Shosuro Reiko

With his lord facing him, Reiko sat up. He however did not look at the man before him but kept his eyes fixed on a spot on the floor where the man stood.

It was odd that the Sensei ask him about the results of the last mission, especially when chances are Aroru’s spies have already relayed the news to him even before the authorities were informed. Is he waiting for me to give him some sort of confirmation?

“Hai, Sensei!“ Reiko replied, “The Unicorn and Crane have acted as you have predicted. They will not be bothering with the Opium trade for quite some time. After that compromising incident where the magistrate Shinjo Takuya was caught, it would be a while before he would able to show his face again within the Daidoji lands.”

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Ikoma Itarabi
Kyuden Ikoma

Tukuo downed his sake in one gulp, and closed his eyes, allowing the alcohol to stop burning in his throat. “Well enough, Itarabi-kun, well enough. As you well know, the Mantis and the Scorpion are working hard to make an old man of me. But they have not yet succeeded. I trust you have seen the Mantis envoy?”

Kakita Ai
Kyuden Kakita

Silence passed as her father examined the game board, before finally setting his game piece down. Then, he turned to look at her, with a grave expression on his face. “Well, Ai-chan? How are you, this evening? Are you working hard at your studies?”

“Yoshimori, stop making her nervous!” Akane absently chided.

Isawa Renshi
Shiro Isawa

Sensei Boten chuckled softly. “I know you harbor no ill will, Renshi-san. Others may not be as certain. And, more importantly, the kami demand the respect that they are due. Remember to be respectful toward the kami, and they will never abandon you.”

He paused a moment, gazing out over the water of the pond. “Have you been researching any spells?”

Shosuro Reiko
Ryoko Owari

Aroru nodded slightly at Reiko’s report. “You have done excellent work once again, Reiko-san. You are perhaps one of my better students. It is for that reason that I am entrusting you with your next task. If you succeed, you will earn your freedom.”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dark Nemesis said:
Togashi Cho
Shiro Togashi

Tamori-san listens as Cho speaks, occasionally nodding at what he had to say. The servant brings the tea as Cho finishes his story, and Tamori-san begins to pour it. “Ah, youthful pride. I remember it well. Tell me, Togashi-san, have you traveled far from Shiro Togashi?”
"Some, my lord. I have traveled to further the honor of the clan, but rarely have I stepped outside of Dragon lands in pursuit of my duties. I shall go wherever you bid me to," Cho says humbly.

Scotley

Hero
Itarabi Human Rogue/Courtier

Itarabi tries to match his father's gusto in drinking his sake and stuggles hard not to wince from the burn of the alcohol. "Indeed father I did see them striding about our hall. May I ask why they are here?"

Renshi nodded, smiling some at the thought of the kami always being there. Bringing his thoughts to the present, Renshi spoke, "Yes, Sensei, I have. I have been spending most of my time mastering the spells of healing. They were...more challenging than I had originally suspected."

G

Guest 11456

Hyota : Male Human Shugenja 8

As he speaks, the young man directs his attention first to the man, then to the woman, and finally back to the man.

"Well met Satsume! Well met Juri! As to where I am headed... I do not have a destination in mind. Until now I have allowed the earth to dictate my direction. But, if you will allow it, I would like to travel with you to Kyuden Bayushi. There is always safety in numbers and festivals are always a good time to make many aquaintances. I feel that I was somehow lead here to you. A vixen seem to lead me to your campsite."

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases