[Rokugan] Blood and Cherry Blossoms

Scotley

Hero
Itarabi Human Rogue/Courtier

Itarabi nods, "Of course father I shall see them across our lands. Is there anything in particular I should be alert for?" He pauses and then adds, "You say they are in a hurry, how soon should I be ready to travel?"

valeren

First Post
Shosuro Reiko

“I understand, Sensei.” Reiko bowed before standing up.

“If there is no more else to discuss, I have already made plans for travel and would be able to leave as soon as possible. I may at once head to Kyuden Bayushi and begin to make preparations for your arrival. However, shall Sensei-sama prefer that I travel with him?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dark Nemesis said:
Togashi Cho
Shiro Togashi

“We will leave two days from now. I hope that it will give you time to make the necessary preparations,” Tamori-sama replied. He opened the box and with drew a jade statue of a dragon, coiled around a tanto. “This is the item that we have been charged with protecting. It is to be offered as a prize for the samurai who wins the dueling tournament.”
"It is a beautiful statue. The winner will surely prize it greatly. May I ask, what other activities will be taking place at the festival?" Cho asks, his brow furrowed as he tries to anticipate the kinds of people that he would have to protect his lord from.

Li Shenron

Legend
Ai

"A spellcasting competition? Of course it would be nice to participate, but you know I'm not good with flashy spells... Let's hope it doesn't end like the last time, I think I heard someone snoring in the audience at the end of my turn..." she sighs.

Renshi can't help but smile. Though the last comment from Sensei Boten-sama is enough to capture a good amount of Renshi's curiosity. He nods to his sensei and says, "I will gladly compete, Sensei. I would compete not for the prize, but as a test of my skills, as you said...however, I cannot help but wonder what the victor will receive."

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Ikoma Itarabi
Kyuden Ikoma

Tukuo paused and leaned back, considering his words. “Be ready to go in two days. The Mantis are in a hurry, but they will not be rude. I will send you with a small contingent of samurai. Accompany the Mantis to the Scorpion festival, and find out what, if anything, they are planning. In particular, keep an eye on Tsuruchi Mitsumi. She is young, but smart. Are there any questions, my son?”

Shosuro Reiko
Ryoko Owari

“No,” Aroru replied firmly. “To arrive together would cause undue suspicion. Keep you connections to me hidden, get close to Yogo Aiko, and find out what she is up to. That is your assignment.”

Togashi Cho
Shiro Togashi

“A good questions, Togashi-san. Aside from the shugenja competition, there will also be a dueling competition. Those will be the two main events. However, the courtiers will be working on creating new agreements before winter court begins, so there will no doubt be smaller functions that will be occurring during the festival as well. Like any other celebration, there will be those there to have a good time, there will be those there to work, and there will be those there to cause trouble. We must be aware of all.”

Kakita Ai
Kyuden Kakita

“You know you do not need flashy spells, as long as you have the kami to lend you their power,” Akane quietly reminded her daughter as she set her game piece upon the board. Ai noticed that during the time that they had been speaking, her mother had taken a commanding lead in the game.

“Snoring? Bah. I’ll bet it was old Daidoji Kojiro who was snoring. If I catch him at it again, I will teach him a lesson he won’t soon forget,” Yoshimori grumbled.

Isawa Renshi
Shiro Isawa

Boten-sensei smiled and bowed his head. “I can imagine so. Still, you will see it again at the festival, if not before. Now go, and begin making your preparations. We will leave in the morning.”

Scotley

Hero
Itarabi Rogue/Courtier

Itarabi pauses to think for a moment. "No father, your instructions are clear. I shall do you honor in this. I will alert my servants and get ready. Perhaps I should have Tsuruchi Mitsumi to tea on the morrow and introduce myself?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dark Nemesis said:
Togashi Cho
Shiro Togashi

“A good questions, Togashi-san. Aside from the shugenja competition, there will also be a dueling competition. Those will be the two main events. However, the courtiers will be working on creating new agreements before winter court begins, so there will no doubt be smaller functions that will be occurring during the festival as well. Like any other celebration, there will be those there to have a good time, there will be those there to work, and there will be those there to cause trouble. We must be aware of all.”
"I will be aware, my lord. Will you wish my presence only in the outdoor competitions, or with the courtiers as well? I'm afraid my skill fencing with words has not been practiced as much as the forms my sensei has taught me," Cho explains self-depricatingly.

"Thank you, Sensei," Renshi bowed(properly this time) before getting to his feet and making his way back to his room. The entire time, his mind was on what Sensei Boten-sama had said. After nearly missing walking right past his own room, Renshi did his best to focus on where he currently was and then went to getting himself prepared to leave.

valeren

First Post
Shosuro Reiko

“As you wish, Sensei.” Reiko bowed one last time and exited the room.

The Unicorn merchant caravan left in the wee hours before dawn and the caravan master was more than happy for another swords arm to protect their goods in the road. Hours after leaving the House of the White Orchid, sunlight found Reiko already on his way to Kyuden Bayushi.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases