D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Incantatrix changes?

Quinnman

First Post
I was wondering if anyone could tell me wether the incantatrix PrC was changed in 3.5 (in Players Guide to Faerun I believe)?... and if so, what are those changes?

Thanx! :)

Liquidsabre

Explorer
Wow, too many really to note briefly. The Incantatrix was completely revamped and refurished unfortunately. The result is pretty cool but I really rather liked the old one. Now a metamagic mastery PrC rather than an abjurer bent on defending the prime material PrC. I'm away from my books atm though for details.

Iku Rex

Explorer
Lessee: 3.5 changes...

Prerequisites: Same, except that you need 8 ranks of spellcraft and don't need knowledge(the planes). Also, you can't have Abjuration as a prohibited school (duh).

Skill list: Same (alchemy and scry have been removed).

Abilities: Same, except (!)...
Bonus metamagic feat at lv 1,4,7 and 10.
Improved metamagic has been moved to 10th level.
Send away, see ethereal, strike ethereal and hardy spirit (edit: ) and drain item have been removed.
Instead you get abilities involving metatmagic (apply metamagic to spells as they're cast by others [spellcraft check], apply metamagic after a spell is cast [spellcraft check], apply metamagic to wands) and gaining control of other people's spells (through an opposed caster level check).

(I'm afraid I'm too lazy to describe all the mechanics.)

Last edited:

Falling Icicle

Adventurer
I really like the new Incantarix. It is much better balanced than the 3.0 version, and has quite a few fun abilities. The only thing I have a problem with is that it gets all those cool abilities plus 4 bonus feats by level 10. A plain Wizard wouldn't get that many bonus feats in 10 levels of playing, and he gets nothing else...

So I recommend removing or at least reducing the bonus feats from the class. Then it's just fine, IMO.

Iku Rex

Explorer
Falling Icicle said:
I really like the new Incantarix. It is much better balanced than the 3.0 version, and has quite a few fun abilities.
You lack the proper munchkin spirit! :)

By maxing out spellcraft (with ranks, feats and items) you can abuse the second and third level abilities. Persistent spell gets ... less than balanced ... when you can apply it for free.

monboesen

Explorer
......Or you could spell buy right

Yes. Because nitpicking about spelling errors makes copyright violation less of a crime right..

:)

But fair is fair and Iku Rex did a good job of not spilling the beans.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases