Company of the Bitter Blade, Reborn! OOC Thread

Patlin

Explorer
We've recently lost a DM to real life concerns, as discussed here in our out of character thread.

The adventure thread hasn't gone very far yet, but we've got a pretty good chemistry going between the PCs. I'd really like to continue with it, if anyone is willing to take over as DM.

Here's the cast for any interested DM.

Hope someone can help us out!

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
I should mention we're interested in keeping the characters together. I don't think anyone would mind if the adventure was something completely different and completely that of the new DM.

Blue_Genie

First Post
Shall we dance?

Hey folks,

I've been reading your OOC and IC postings and I am interested in taking over DMing your group if you're interested. I recently purchased the Eberron CS book, and have been familiarizing myself with it slowly.

I have no problem if you want to keep your current characters/backgrounds. I think planning a campaign around a well-known theme or concept can be a wonderful tool for generating ideas. Personally, I've been wanting to run a D&D "Firefly" game (based on the Joss Whedon sci-fi series) for a while.

Since I don't know what adventure Sidekick was running, I can't continue your current game, of course. Would you guys be interested in running "Shadows of the Last War"? Since I already own it, and since I am already running another game (see my sig), it would not mean a huge time-committment for me. There's also a lot of Cyrian stuff in this adventure, which I could tailor more to fit into your background. I know that at least one of you has read the adventure, but as long as he/they don't take advantage of OOC knowledge, that's okay with me. If you guys aren't interested, I'd also be interested in running "Queen of the Burning Eyes" or "Fallen Angel", both from Dungeon magazine, or even a suped-up "Forgotten Forge".

Let me know what y'all think about all this.

Blue

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
I would be interested in Shadows (I've read it, but can definitely only know things Tok would know...I am good about not metagaming). I wouldn't even be upset with our back-story being changed slightly to the gist of "We got together after the end of the war (as stated in our history) and traveled around, trying to find a place to settle. We found Sharn and happened across a brutal murder that got us involved with a certain Lady Eladryn and a quest for a schema. (AKA, we have just come off of finishing the Forgotten Forge, and are spending some down-time in Sharn, looking for work/messages from Lady E concerning future work...biding our time until we can figure out a way to learn a little more about Sharn."

Anyway, my two cents. I would love to get Tok back into action!

Patlin

Explorer
Any adventure is OK with me. I've avoided reading any of the eberron stuff to date. Thank you for being willing to take over!

GPEKO

First Post
Great! Thanks Blue Genie for having us.

Like I said before, I read SotLW but not Queen of the Burning Eyes and Fallen Angel. While I think I can separate my knowledge from my character's, it still makes the adventure less fun when you know what's coming. However, SotLW is still a pretty good adventure. Just run what you want, I'll probably be happy with it. :D

Blue_Genie

First Post
GPEKO said:
Like I said before, I read SotLW but not Queen of the Burning Eyes and Fallen Angel. While I think I can separate my knowledge from my character's, it still makes the adventure less fun when you know what's coming. However, SotLW is still a pretty good adventure. Just run what you want, I'll probably be happy with it. :D
I agree that being in a game that you already know the storyline for can be less fun, so I'll probably go with one of the pre-published Dungeon Adventures. As I am away from home for the holidays, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until next week for all of this to begin. Have a good weekend, everyone.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Now this is some great news and I am once again looking forward to playing in Eberron. Thanks for the save Blue_Genie!!!

Blue_Genie

First Post
So here's a question: is everyone from the Rogue's Gallery thread still in the game? I'm trying to rework some of the encounters to fit the party level, so an exact count would be useful.
Thanks,
Blue

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases