[EN World Book Club] On Writing by Stephen King (Discussion time!)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Here's the new thread for the reading and discussion of On Writing by Stephen King (Amazon). Why don't we read through the 6th of December and then discuss through the new year.

Last edited:

JoeBlank

Explorer
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Is it cheating if I listen to the book on tape, even if it is unabridged and read by the author? I have read it before, so I am listening as a refresher. It is reminding me how much I enjoy SK's "voice" in the figurative sense, although he does a good job reading too.

FCWesel

First Post
Not to sound like too much of an idiot (too late) but this is the first I have seen of the "ENW Book Club" thing and I was curious as to how it works? Could you fill me in? Thanks.

Acid_crash

First Post
I have read this book four times and I think it's an awesome book. I really like how he put humor into the book, and how he tells it how he writes and his suggestions for aspiring writers (like me).

Berandor

lunatic
FCWesel said:
Not to sound like too much of an idiot (too late) but this is the first I have seen of the "ENW Book Club" thing and I was curious as to how it works? Could you fill me in? Thanks.
It's kind of complicated.

A book is chosen, this time "On Writing" by Stephen King.
You read it.
You join discussion (beginning Dec 6th).
--> Welcome to the Book Club.

I don't think listening to it is "cheating", as King himself advocates unabridged audio books.

Last edited:

Berandor

lunatic
I just finished reading it a second time. It was still an enjoyable read, so whoever is wondering whether to join or not - do it! There's no time like tomorrow...

Remove ads