Ultimate Homebrew Index

the Jester

Legend
I'm continuing to chip away at this project as time allows... it's fairly daunting, but it's cool to see myself making progress... ;)

the Jester

Legend
Humm, I'm not sure what the maximum post length is... but I have a feeling I might need to split the index across a couple of posts. Anyone know about this? What's the limit?

I could always ask in Meta...

Shade

Monster Junkie
I don't know the answer, but I can tell you that I've got some pretty lengthy posts (the Mystara index, especially), and haven't hit a limit yet.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
the Jester said:
Humm, I'm not sure what the maximum post length is... but I have a feeling I might need to split the index across a couple of posts. Anyone know about this? What's the limit?

if there are any logical ways you can split it up, i recommend you do so - this helps on readability too. :)

the Jester

Legend
Hmmm... is there a way I can insert posts between the index and what is currently the next post? I'd like to keep it all together... and at the top of the thread is definitely the best place. Otherwise, I can just split it up across 3-5 posts later in the thread, I guess...

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Ok, I made some copies of the jester's first two posts so he can spread out the index more. Carry on. :)

BOZ, if you want to know how I did it, look here. Always consider every single step very carefully when you try it lest you erase the original thread or something. ;) Also, always make sure you're using Copy, not Move (which the program suggests by default when you click 'Move/Copy Thread'). Further, I'd recommend naming the copy 'copy' and closing it as soon as you've made it to make sure nobody posts to it while you're working on it (you can leave the original thread open, though). Lastly, I wouldn't recommend doing it with very long threads if you can help it, as I've seen such threads break upon Move due to timeout, especially when many people were online. (I think Copy would only break the copy, but I'm not going to try it. :p) Should you have any further questions, just PM me, mate. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases