Recruitment Methods?

Sado

First Post
Some game stores have bulletin boards where you can put up "ads" when you're looking for a group. Usually just a 3"x5" index card with name, phone number, and what kind of game you're looking for. Might have a board like that at a college or regular bookstore also.

IronWolf

blank
If looking for new players I would try to drop in for some one-shot games at a gaming store, post some fliers stating exactly what I was looking for and make use of RPG Classifieds (EnWorld and Wizards).

The business card idea seems pretty cool to me too.

Malimar

First Post
Recruiting

I've been lucky to have a lot of good players readily available to me, but when I first went to college I wasn't sure if I would find a good group to game with. In high school I had played 2 campaigns, AD&D with classmates and Palladium with neighborhood friends. They were all good childhood friends, so I wasn't sure if I would find a group I felt comfortable gaming with at college.

What worked for me (or what pulled me back in :\ ) was having my books displayed on my shelf in my dorm room. College friends who gamed, saw the books and knew I gamed. Like flashing a geek-gang-sign, I found out which of my friends played, and we formed a group in about a month.

In general I don't usually like doing an open call. There are a lot of different types of gamers out there, so you should find the people who have similar playing styles to your own. You don't want to be a combat wombat in an systemless swashbuckling campaign... and vica versa.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases