(IR) IR Interlude Turn 6 - Turn 7 (thread 4)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Answers and replies

Edena, shouldn`t pl of Acerarak`s Undead be much higher?
By the way, I have contacted Maudlin and he might return to IR.

ANSWER: I believe I have the PL correct. I will check it.
I would like Maudlin to return. He is a great player to game with.

- - -

Kalanyr

Hypothetical

If I have a strength 3 attack launched on day 1 at someone who is building a strength 4 defense do I go vs the strength 4 or the strength 0?

ANSWER: You Attack versus the Category 4 Defense, not the Category 0 Defense.

- - -

zouron

*would like to point out any if his instructions except the 11th level magic is not just for day one but turn 7 all in all*

ANSWER: Noted

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Edena, can I determine how many powers are launching 11th level attack against me?

ANSWER: No

- - -

William Ronald

Peace proposal

This is an OOC post. I will be out for several hours, but will join in when I can.

Mr. Draco: I proposed all powers not using the Red Goo -- which has helped bring the Mists -- stand against those using them. The Mists are bad for everyone. I do not know if Melkor and Tokiwong would have Rajaat and the Eternal Empire make a separate peace if they (the players) decide the Red Goo is a good idea.
Tokiwong: You could offer a counter proposal. You could give up all your red goo and, in Zelda's words, become the old Iuz we know and love to hate.
You can make a counter proposal.
I think someone should make a last ditch effort at peace. The Mists are growing. The worlds slip closer to the Domain of Dread.
We have the power to fight or not.
Melkor: What I said to Tokiwong applies to you as well. Thanks for contacting Maudlin.
If you and the rest of the Pantheon of Glowing Darkness have a better proposal
(besides surrendering -- which we won't do), then make the proposal.
I am depressed that Reprisal has left the IR. When I joined, I promised to stay. I have stayed and will stay.
Edena, you have my complete support. I will have an in character response after I get back from doing a few things.

ANSWER: You can still have peace. You do not have to fight. If you fight, that is your choice. There is always a diplomatic solution.

- - -

creamsteak

The Church of Mercy will have access to Delrune's 100 LL sized Pocket dimensions to move people to as well. The League of Warlords space is reserved unless I find out the situation is more dire and I need Sollir's space as well. If it is possible for me to treat refugees as Mina stated we should take care of POW's I will do so as well.
I will announce other actions at the beginning of Turn 7. I am at 3/3 Attack/Defend now thanx to the exemplary work I must make in order to house refugees. I will try and treat refugees to the standards set by Mina for her Prisoners of War (which is very good, right?)

ANSWER: Noted that you are treating the refugees well. Because you did not state WHO you were Attacking, you may not Attack this day. You may hold the Attack until tomorrow, though.

I will post actions four times per day if I can, each containing either (6) hour long actions, (24) few minute actions, or (60) quick actions. This does not cripple my attack/defend any more, correct?

ANSWER: (chuckles) It just might, Creamsteak. I determine if your Power has worked with 11th level magic this day for too long, and thus cannot launch Category 4 Attacks and Defenses (or hold them over to the next day, either, because your other activities disrupted the holding process.)
Be careful in what you state you do.

- - -

creamsteak

quote:

Creamsteak's Church of Mercy: 100 percent intact
Creamsteak's Delrunian Alliance: 100 percent intact
Sollir's Unseelie of Oerth: 100 percent intact
Sollir's League of the Warlords: NA

Edena,

Is this correct, that the Delrunian Alliance has access to 11th level magic.

ANSWER: No. That is my mistake. My regrets, but the Delrunian Alliance does not have 11th level magic. I have noted this on the Dueling Lists.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Hmm, last time I checked there was a consensus that I am a cancer and negotiations with me are pointless.

ANSWER: There is always a diplomatic settlement - although such a settlement is going to be a compromise and perhaps painful for people.
If they have refused to negotiate with you, Lord Melkor, then the onus of history will lie on them.
Of course, you haven't been too diplomatic yourself. :) Perhaps YOU should try some serious diplomacy.

- - -

creamsteak

Consensus = the red goo is Cancer and Melkor protects it
Consensus is not = negotiations with Melkor are pointless

ANSWER: Then why don't you point this out IC?

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Okay, I am waiting for proposals other than: "destroy all your Red Goo or you will be anhilated". I sacrificed my alliance with Union Of Worlds when I awakened Blood Waste, but I aquired great power as a consequence. You have to offer me HUGE recompansations if I am supposed to destroy my Red Armada.

ANSWER: (chuckles) That is a rather harsh way to start diplomacy, Lord Melkor, but better than nothing!

- - -

Zelda Themelin

Edena, I sent my stuff, did you get it?

ANSWER: Yes. Good work, Zelda. :)

- - -

Zelda Themelin

OCC

Well Forrester, I agree that humanoids joining with Union is a bit absurd, but it might be mists twisting everybody's minds around.
At least I hope, it is because of that.
Things have changed yes, and your character did his part in changing. In world of free planar travelling things get easily out of hand like this. So no wonder, IR became planar hell-ride, instead of game about set purely on Oerth.
Yep, it is not always logical, it is about plots meant to offer amusement for most players. Power-level rocketed sky-high too.
And sometimes choices seem to made player-equality in mind as most important factor.
If you quit playing a character and return only to say quick remarks about 'how things are done wrong', what do you hope to achieve. Do you wish to make Edena feel bad?
Indeed, things would be different, had you stayed to play your character/faction. It is rare thing, dm complitely manages to follow something always very clear to player, but something that was never actually written down as guideline.
Hopefully your sentiment will be heard.
Now, remember to be nicer next time or I bite your arm off.
((Remains me: So, nobody wanted to save Forrester's concubine, after all?))

ANSWER: (solemnly) Thank you, Zelda. It was necessary, to keep things interesting, to assign the Humanoid Alliance as I did. If Forrester had remained, of course, that would have been good.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Posted by Zelda:

((Remains me: So, nobody wanted to save Forrester's concubine, after all?))

Well, nobody noticed that she appeared at the conference as my messanger!

ANSWER: Apparently not. I do not see that anyone has taken a particular interest in helping her.

- - -

Zelda Themelin

Yeh, I just remembered the interest before. My chaotic neutral/way under 20th level spokeman who was only one left at conferance at the time, hadn't even heard of the incident.
Oh, well, I'd just want to see how that 'saving operation' had turned out.

ANSWER: It is good that at least one Power - Zelda - is finally expressing an interest in helping a certain elven girl.

- - -

creamsteak

Melkor,

How about this for a sample offer: You throw away all red goo altogether and we give you a place on Toril, Oerth, and you can keep as many pocket dimensions as you want. If you clean up the red goo yourself this would be quite a bit reasonable for us to offer. Around 10 LL sized territories on each sphere and as many pocket dimensions as you can make.
This is just a sample, I don't speak for any large group of nations.

ANSWER: Cheers, Creamsteak. Real diplomacy, at last!

- - -

William Ronald

I thought the turn was starting today at 12 noon Eastern?
Was I wrong?

ANSWER: No. I am late.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Well, it is a bit hard for me to negotiate, while many powers are launching an 11th level attack to anhilate me, you don`t want me to do desperate things again, do you?

ANSWER: ANYONE can choose to hold their Attack. A diplomatic solution is still possible. Or, you can choose to attack. Up to you.

- - -

creamsteak

Does this mean my offer would be generally acceptable. Maybe some of my allies should consider this (looks at them). I don't know how they feel, I have other major interests.

ANSWER: It is unfortunate this diplomacy started so late. Probably too late. However, people had a chance - a long chance.

- - -

The Forsaken One

The greatest weapon to fight the Red Death and its minions is knowledge.

ANSWER: Yes.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases