(Adventure)M2.5: Irene Alone, again.

Manzanita

First Post
This thread is for Irene, while she is separated from the main group in M2: The search for Goblin HQ. It is for Irene, only. All others in that group, please stop reading now.

Irene awakes, her wounds bandaged skillfullly. She feels weak but capable. (HPs: 1) Her weapons, backpack and pouch are no longer on her, though her scholar's outfit and some material components in pockets are there.

She is lying on a stinky straw cot, built for a medium sized creature. Otherwise, she can see nothing, for the room is completely dark.

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
Great. Just great. Ah well, time to get out of here.

Irene crawls up, scouting around with her hands, trying to find some sort of entrance (and thus exit) to this stinky room.

Manzanita

First Post
Irene

Irene can feel a wall beside the cot. It seems cut from solid stone. Following the wall slowly, she discovers several other cots, and piles of various stuff on the floor. Much of it seems like very gross pieces of old food and clothing. There is also some armor, sheilds and weapons, all made for creatures larger than her. Eventually she finds a door. It is heavy, and seems locked, or perhaps barred from the other side.

Gurdjieff

First Post
What to do, what to do... Irene thinks while feeling the grooves of the solid door. She won't be able to force it open, and her spells are limited as well.
She decides on a more subtle approach; with a loud voice she cries:
"Is anyone out there? Please, anyone?"
While doing so, she hides in the darkness, behind her cot, readying for the door to open. She still has a sleep-spell left from before she got knocked out cold, and isn't afraid to use it if needed.

Manzanita

First Post
Her only reply is silence and darkness.

As before, the two of us generally run at a faster pace than the party as a whole. I'll post again at the appropriate point. Meanwhile, feel free to do whatever.

Manzanita

First Post
Irene

At last, Irene hears heavy footfalls outside her door. Then the bar is lifted, and the door swung open, hard.

I'll give you time to react before I go further, if you wish.

Manzanita

First Post
It is still completely dark. Irene hears a gruff male voice. "OK. I see you. Get up. Tell me. Who are you? What are you after?"

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Ehh, who am I? I am Irene, came here with some friends to see if this place was good to spend the night. Oh, it wasn't by the way. Your turn."
Irene peers through her eyes in the direction of the voice, trying to make out any forms or shapes in the darkness.

Manzanita

First Post
"Don't play smart with me, little one. You will find much more pleasent to cooperate!"

Irene can't see a thing. But she hears an armored form approach her.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Hmm, let's see. I don't know who I'm dealing with, except that you are quite well armored, increasing the likelyhood of you not being a Wizard. You have taken me captive, haven't exactly shown me any sign of letting me go if I cooperate, thus I should give away my secrets and just hope for the best?"
Irene shakes her head, as she asumes the figure can see in the darkness.
"I am willing to tell you all that's to be told, but in return I wish for some water as well as some light. Perhaps you'll discover my reasons for being here aren't as important to me as you might think."
Irene pauses shortly, but before the figure can speak again, she resumes speech:
"Are those terms acceptable? For I have no reason to break my word, maybe something good, for the both of us, can come from it."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases