Water Walk Question

Horishijin

First Post
A situation came up where my players encountered a switftly running, rapid filled river. They were being chased by a large horde of nasties. A caster cast waterwalk on everyone, and they intended to cross the river.

Here is the issue, does the pace of the water affect those walking across in any way? Do they tread across normally, or is it more like a rapidly moving sidewalk?
As a matter of strict interprettation of the spell, I ruled that they went across unaffected by the pace of the water, but I could see it the other way as well.

VirgilCaine

First Post
Does the 3.5 version say something different?
This is the 3.0 version...
SRD said:
The transmuted creatures can tread on any liquid as if it were firm ground. Mud, oil, snow, quicksand, running water, ice, and even lava can be traversed easily, since the subjects’ feet hover an inch or two above the surface.

cmanos

First Post
even thought he spell says you hover an inch above the surface I may claim Rule ) and have the water lime a people mover in an airport...so instead of crossing the river and ending up directly across from where you started, you'd end up downstream a ways.

But by the letter and spirit of the rules, you are hovering above the water.

Now...when it comes to lava...I would thiunk you would need some kind of protection from the heat as well....

shilsen

Adventurer
Armadon63 said:
what i want to know is what happens when you cast it underwater?
It's in the spell description. If cast underwater the subjects are borne towards the surface at 60 ft per rd till they can stand upon it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases