CR advice needed . . .

Anubis

First Post
Okay, I'm giving some mortals some salient divine abilities. They'll eventually become Divine Rank 0, but for now I'm only giving them one salient divine ability.

What CR should I give mortals with a single salient divine ability?

Xeriar

First Post
Depends on the ability. 'Alter Reality' is one damn beefy ability, but 'Divine Barbarian' is gonna be useless for them (because technically divine rank 1 is required for all such).

Anubis

First Post
Yeah, I had to make sure the mortals in question had whatever prerequisites.

One, a fighter, is getting "Sunder and Disjoin".

The second, a fiendish wizard, is getting "Increased Spell Resistance", which puts his SR at 45.

The third, a fighter/psion, is getting "Irresistible Blows".

The fourth, a half-elemental wizard, is getting "Hand of Death".

Any ideas on CR change with that info?

Anubis

First Post
I won't go into too much detail because of the SRD rules, but I can give a bit of info for this. A little bit. I'll be as campaign-specific as possible.

Sunder and Disjoin allows the character to destroy any weapon used against him in combat with a touch. Save DC 18.

Increased Spell Resistance is self-explanatory for the most part; it give +20 SR.

Irresistible Blows allows the character to resolve all attacks with the chosen weapon as melee touch attacks, and also stuns the victim for 1d10 rounds. Save DC 16 to avoid being stunned.

Hand of Death kills the target outright. Save DC 24.

James McMurray

First Post
Well, based on those, they are at least +5 CR. Even higher depending upon the base character's level. For instance, the death touch is a lot more valuable at 1st level than at 20th.

Remove ads