Legendary Animals+Shifter

DarkJester

First Post
Is it just me or is a druid 5/shifter 3 turning into a legendary tiger just a tad bit to powerful?

The legendary animals are buff....shifter can turn into all but shark and elephant by level 8.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
Ummm.... get off the sauce

A druid 5/shifter 3 had 8 hit dice, and the lowest hit dice legendary animal has 12 HD. A shifter cannot transform into a form that normally has more HD than she does. By the time a shifter has enough HD to transform into the big legendary animals, she will have access to better forms, like the dragon forms and aberration forms that provide more mobility and AC.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
It's right in the description of the Shifter, too.

By the way, I would let a shifter exceed the 15HD limit that has been placed on poly other in Tome and Blood. Not strictly by the book, but in the spirit of the class, I think.

Veldrane

First Post
Well, it's useless to go on talkin' about the Shifter if you forget that Wildshape is no longer subject to Poly Self rules... ...read the new description in MotW first...

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Polymorph hasn't changed (again, most recent version is in T&B I think) But Wildshape has been erratta, it has nothing, to do with Polymorph in any way, Completely different.

Azger

First Post
DarkJester said:
Is it just me or is a druid 5/shifter 3 turning into a legendary tiger just a tad bit to powerful?

The legendary animals are buff....shifter can turn into all but shark and elephant by level 8.

A druid 5/shifter 3 cannot turn into a legendary animal...

A druid can only turn into a dire animal, unless the class specifically says Legendary then you cannot turn into one. That's why a Druid 5/Shifter 3 can't turn into a Dire animal until he achieves level 12 druid...

The shifter does not give you the ability to turn into a Legendary animal neither does the druid. Only the animal lord can turn into legendary.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases