Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

Sorren

First Post
Got it at lunch. Three more hours before I get to pop it in the box.
Now the question is... Light Side or Dark Side?

reveal

Adventurer
My precious won't be here until Christmas... :]

Anyway, I went Light Side and then Dark Side in the first one. I'm glad I did. I thought it was harder as Light anyway since it costs you more to cast the quick kill powers like Life Leech (or whatever it was called). :)

mmu1

First Post
I've gotten it last night, and I'm only about 4 hours in so far. (I did the sensible thing and peeled myself away from the TV at 1:00AM. One more hour here, and I can finally go home...)

It's hard to make any big statements at this point, but some improvements from the first one are apparent: The conversations are deeper and have more different and relevant dialogue choices, various skills and Abilities (not just Persuade) have impact on dialogue and the solutions to various puzzles, and more effort is being made to give some of the easily marginalized characters (like droids - T3, which makes a comeback in this game, foremost comes to mind) more personality.

Another change - haven't decided whether I like it or nto - is that you can craft items now, or disassemble them for parts - for example, you can make a power cell to use in an upgradeable vibroblade, or make a medkit, or a sonic grenade, or a new armor underlay, etc. - exactly what you can make depends on what skills your main character has. The upgrade process for weapons, armor and lightsabers that existed in the first game is still intact, and I'm not 100% sure whether this new crafting system will enhance it, or detract from it by making upgrades too easy to make yourself - hopefully, the best stuff you'll still have to find or be very high level to make.

Weapon Finesse has made its way into the game, which is something I'm sure most d20 fans will appreciate.

More as I get more playtime...

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Oooooh boy. Goodie goodie. PC version is slated when?

I guess I'll have some negotiating with the girlfriend to do... And I won't be making many tool releases until I finish it. :D

Andargor

Last edited:

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Very cool!

My one real objection to the first game, which may be more of an objection to the Star Wars universe, was that a party of Jedi pretty much kicked the butt of a mixed party; moreover, a party of Jedi with identical feat structures (like improved rapid strike and stuff) was superior to a party with mixed feat structures. I didn't feel like things were very well balanced, and hope they've done better balancing in the new version.

That said, it was still a lot of fun, and I look forward to playing the sequel.

Daniel

I need an X-Box...grrr...

Though the ONLY thing I wish they'd done with these games is set them during the Sith War. Mmm, those were good times. Actually get involved in the old Tales of the Jedi comic's events. But a minor complaint in the end. :)

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
What? Already? Has it even been a year since the first one?

Man, I need some consistency when it comes game-wait-for-time. I mean,
some you wait years for, while others just kinda rush past you.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases