[Lakelands] Play By Post Now Recruiting [Full]

Raven Crowking

First Post
wolfheart said:
One quick question, though, what is the skill point cost for languages? Is it 1 point to speak the language and 1 point to read/write. It also states above that clerics and wizards are the only ones with auto-literacy. How does that effect the skill point cost? Playing a f/c means I won't have a lot of skill points to throw around, so I want to be sure I know the cost of things.

1 point per language, 1 point for literacy. Clerics and wizards gain one literacy system for free.

Also, are we using the starting cash from the DMG for third level characters, and what is your view on starting with magic items?

I tend to run a magic-lite world, but you are welcome to select magic items for your characters, so long as you understand that I may veto anything I think too potent.

RC

Raven Crowking

First Post
Glom Accepted

Krug said:
Description: Glom is an ugly, scarred male goblin with sickly green skin and yellowing teeth.

Background: Glom's power was activated when he was struck by lightning as a waif.

Miraculously surviving, he found he had mental abilities that allowed him to do... stuff. He was feared by other goblins, and a bit of a bully, relying on his mental abilities (both psionic and intelligence) to get him out of trouble. Eventually, he decided to abandon his Blacktooth tribe. He enjoys the power of electricity most, particularly when it ripples through other people's bodies.

Even when he's using his psionic powers, Glom stll likes to wield Shrike, his deep crystal crossbow.

Glom is accepted. Please note that "Goblin" does not exist as a language; you know the Dark Tongue that you share with orcs, bugbears, etc.

RC

Raven Crowking

First Post
Ulorian said:
Horsom Moss was born on a small farmstead outside the town of Long Archer on the 4th day of Harvesting, 18 years ago. His family, like many of the less well-to-do residents of Long Archer, were subsistence farmers who made there living felling trees for the Baron.

Accepted.

I hadn't given a lot of thought re: Darkwood, but there's no inconsistency with the world as it is.

RC

Raven Crowking

First Post
Two quick questions:

1) Now that we have six players, how do I change the thread title to indicate we're full?

2) Did any of you go through the story hours when preparing your characters? Just curious on this second one.

RC

Krug

Newshound
Thanks. I suppose we start with std gold? Will make the adjustments and post him again.

Edit the first post and put a [FULL] to indicate no longer recruiting. :D

Last edited:

Sado

First Post
I hate to do this, but I just found out today that I got a new job that I had been bucking for. Good news for me, but I don't think I'll be able to juggle that and another game right now. I'm gonna have to drop. Sorry about that, but better now than once we've started, right?

Good luck with it, it sounds like fun.

Raven Crowking

First Post
Sado said:
I hate to do this, but I just found out today that I got a new job that I had been bucking for. Good news for me, but I don't think I'll be able to juggle that and another game right now. I'm gonna have to drop. Sorry about that, but better now than once we've started, right?

Good luck with it, it sounds like fun.

Congrats on the job, Sado.

I just sent out the invites to the Yahoo Group today, and I included you anyway. So, if you ever feel like checking out what's going on, you'll be able to do so.

RC

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases