[Lakelands] Play By Post Now Recruiting [Full]

Krug

Newshound
I'm definitely interested. The campaign world is wonderfully intriguing. I'm interested in either a Lakashi raven or wolf tribe Shaman, or a goblin Psion or Psychic Warrior.

Sado

First Post
I would also like to know more about what kind of campaign it will be, so that I will be able to explain why any potential character is coming along.

For the time being, I'd like to offer my services as a Dwarven Bard who loves to regale audiences with tales of old Marrowgate. Will be sort of a handyman/jack-of-all trades kind of guy. Subject to change based on further information on the campaign.

EDIT-Also a question about the languages, I assume everyone knows the common tongue, so a dwarf would speak common, low dwarven, and high dwarven automatically?

Last edited:

Raven Crowking

First Post
My general method as DM is to offer options, so the types of adventures the characters would be involved with would depend very much on the choices made by the players. There is a lot of wilderness in the Lakelands, so travel itself can be an adventure. The campaign information above does not take into account, either, that the live-action version of Lakelands now has a little less than six years in-game time beneath its belt. I was imagining beginning the game in Selby-by-the-Water because it is both cosmopolitan and nicely central to some interesting locations.

I use a lot of non-standard monsters, and I feel free to make up my own. I make up my own diseases (more interesting/realistic ones). I make up my own poisons and addictive substances. Lots of fun stuff. Of course, I also use what's in the Core Rules and related sourcebooks as much as I want.

Wolfheart, I am imagining that a pbp will work better if the game is character-heavy rather than combat-heavy, but, again, this will depend largely on character choices.

Krug, while you could not be a dwarf psion in this setting (for Cosmological reasons Yet to Be Revealed) you could be a goblin psion. In the Lakelands, goblins are far more crafty and folkloric than they are usually portrayed. In the live game, we have had an Orc PC, so the idea of using a monster race is not completely undoable. Naturally, you would face some prejudice.

Toric, nice to hear from you.

Sado, you are correct in your assumption. Elves and gnomes both gain Sylvan instead of elvish and gnomish. Characters who would gain Orcish instead gain the Dark Tongue.

RC

Samuel Leming

First Post
If you still have room, I'd love to play one of those faerie cats you mentioned. Probably a rogue since that's the first thing that comes to mind when I think about playing a cat. Since you already have a bard, maybe a swashbuckling type fighter or a sorcerer instead?

Sam

Raven Crowking

First Post
I'm open to as many as six characters. So, not full yet. Players should get a Yahoo account (if they don't have one already; it's free) then e-mail me at professor_sorrow at yahoo dot com, and I'll add their accounts to the Lakelands RPG group. That way, you can have access to all materials currently available (though you might get the odd email that doesn't relate to you at all...such as changes in live game scheduling).

RC

Last edited:

wolfheart

First Post
I will get right on it. I am thinking of either a dwarf fighter/cleric or fighter/ranger. He would be a crusty warrior type who would be seeking to reopen Marrowgate. And don't be thinking he would be a combat medic, he would be more of a wrath of Aedor type. Punch first and heal later.

The f/r would be the same concept except he would be a guide and explorer, almost Indiana Jones like.

As I said, I will get started and wait to see what the others are doing before I choose a direction to go.

Raven,

Right now I am thinking of maybe doing a Human or Elven Wizard or Sorcerer or possibly an Elven Ranger or a simple Human Fighter. I will mull over these possibilities today and try to come to a decision later this evening. I will send you an e-mail ASAP from my yahoo mail account.

Toric

Krug

Newshound
Will get working on Grok, the goblin Psion right away. :D

I'm assuming the race characteristics are those in the SRD?

Last edited:

wolfheart

First Post
I am going to play Dain Winterforge, Dwarven fighter/cleric. As I stated before, though, he is not going to be some walking hospital. hopefully someone else will choose a class that can help out with the healing duties.

One quick question, though, what is the skill point cost for languages? Is it 1 point to speak the language and 1 point to read/write. It also states above that clerics and wizards are the only ones with auto-literacy. How does that effect the skill point cost? Playing a f/c means I won't have a lot of skill points to throw around, so I want to be sure I know the cost of things.

Also, are we using the starting cash from the DMG for third level characters, and what is your view on starting with magic items?

Last edited:

Sado

First Post
I'll be Yorgalf "Yorgi" Thunderheart (also known affectionately as "Thunder-Arse to some of his more vulgar associates due to an unfortunate "mishap" he experienced while engaged in revelry), a bawdy, rambunctious Dwarven Bard. His role in the party, aside from his Bardic talents, will be a jack-of-all-trades handyman type.

I'll try and have him ready by this time tomorrow.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases