The Dance of Souls

Airwhale

First Post
"Let me rephrase what I think Ms. Lightstar is trying to say: Since these two men were of low social standing, and probably not able to enjoy the art for it's own sake, they must have either been planning to sell them, in which case they probably would have stolen other things as well, or someone hired or otherwise coerced them into stealing them.

So, three questions logically follow from this: Was anything else stolen other then the objects of art in the Dance of Souls collection? Do you suspect, Or can you think of, anyone who might have hired them? And, what do you know of the company these men kept? By the last question, I am also curious to know if they spent much time in each others company before the heist."

Knight Otu

First Post
"Both the painting and the sculpture, are very valuable, virtually priceless." Godo speaks up.
"The two thieves have been loyal in the years in our service, up until the thievery. Indeed, they had a few chances to steal from us before - not the Dance of Souls, but still valuable pieces - as secret tests of their loyalty. They did voice some objection on the limited time they received for forays into the wild, but nothing more serious."

Banion: Joe points you to a few nearby temples, including one of Grendath, as well as a temple of Hyrag that is being in the process of being consecrated. If the group agrees, you could go to one of them and by that wand.

Knight Otu

First Post
Xaov/Azaroth said:
I am sure you would not want us to waste time but do you need us back by a certain time with the pieces in hand?
"We would certainly prefer a speedx recovery, but we understand that circumstances and distances can lay waste to many a deadline set for this endeavour. Be as swift as you can, but do not worry overly about returning too late."

Airwhale/Sam said:
Was anything else stolen other then the objects of art in the Dance of Souls collection? Do you suspect, Or can you think of, anyone who might have hired them? And, what do you know of the company these men kept? By the last question, I am also curious to know if they spent much time in each others company before the heist."
"Nothing else has been removed by the thieves. None of the noted collectors has shown any interest in purchasing the Dance of Souls from us in recent times. They were on good terms with each other before being recruited in our services, as we have been told. Afterwards, they could have mostly kept company during their free time the wild. They may have met on a few occasions they accompanied one of us to the other, as well. If they socialized with others outside our households, we cannot tell."

SlagMortar

First Post
"We will do our very best to find them, the art as well as its thieves. I'm sure you will be listening on your usual channels for anyone selling similar sounding pieces. Would you expect the thieves to try to sell the pieces immediately or to lay low for awhile? Is Lathrim known as a black market for art, or are there other markets worth investigating?"

OOC:
I think I'm out of questions.

Rose Marie nods yet again as she takes in this last bit of information, then turns to the others. "Well, that's all I can think of to ask right now. I'm for getting that wand then heading out to see if we can find any more information or track these guys down."

SlagMortar said:
"We will do our very best to find them, the art as well as its thieves. I'm sure you will be listening on your usual channels for anyone selling similar sounding pieces. Would you expect the thieves to try to sell the pieces immediately or to lay low for awhile? Is Lathrim known as a black market for art, or are there other markets worth investigating?"

Rose turns to Beamer as he asks these questions. "I'd be willing to bet that with pieces this well known, this unique, and stuff that they had a buyer before they even stole the items. Either a buyer, or were for some reason forced into the theft." That seems to spark another idea in her, as she turns back to their clients and asks, "Actually, that brings up another question. Did these men have families that you know of?"

Knight Otu

First Post
SlagMortar/Beamer said:
"Would you expect the thieves to try to sell the pieces immediately or to lay low for awhile? Is Lathrim known as a black market for art, or are there other markets worth investigating?"
"The pieces have so far not turned up on any local market, be it a legal or a black market, according to our channels. Lathirn - it is certainly a place to sell anything, and lose even more. Taka, the Falcon, is openly worshipped in the city, and it is a harsh place."

Rose Marie Lightstar said:
"Actually, that brings up another question. Did these men have families that you know of?"
"Turlach lost his family before he was employed by Seran. Deleth still had his mother, but was not on good terms with her. She died two years ago, and though I offered it to him, he did not want to travel to the funeral."

Airwhale

First Post
Rose turns to Beamer as he asks these questions. "I'd be willing to bet that with pieces this well known, this unique, and stuff that they had a buyer before they even stole the items. Either a buyer, or were for some reason forced into the theft." That seems to spark another idea in her, as she turns back to their clients and asks, "Actually, that brings up another question. Did these men have families that you know of?"

Sam smiles. "I think myself and Ms. Lightstar are thinking along the same lines. I would also ask where you hired these theves, if you knew where they lived before you hired them, and if they lived on the grounds of your estates while they were in your employ?"

After receving a responce to this, Sam's face contort's, and it is obvious he is about to ask a difficut question.

"Also, you mentioned that you had not receved any offers for the art from any of the noted collectors. I know for a fact that this is not the case, that you were each interested in obtaining each others pieces of the collection. So, I ask you, how much do you trust each other, good nobles"

If this question has not brought the conversation to a halt, Sam has one more question.

"Mr. a'Larat, You had mentioned that your wife was very enamored with the painting. For a noble woman, your wife seems somewhat... reclusive. Of course nothing would leave this room, but we must know this for our own safety: Did you notice any changes in your wife since you had gotten the painting? Was she as ...reclusive... before you receved the painting?"

OOC: I'm almost done with questions, I promise!

Knight Otu

First Post
Airwhale/Sam said:
"II would also ask where you hired these theves, if you knew where they lived before you hired them, and if they lived on the grounds of your estates while they were in your employ?"
"As said before, the two were hired and lived in Lathirn. And yes, they lived on our ground while in our employ. A charitable move, and not as rare as you might expect from nobility. There are a few families that on occasion hire people from Lathirn, and rarely do they regret the decision."

"Also, you mentioned that you had not receved any offers for the art from any of the noted collectors. I know for a fact that this is not the case, that you were each interested in obtaining each others pieces of the collection. So, I ask you, how much do you trust each other, good nobles"
Godo lets out a soft laugh, then continues "Present company was obviously excluded in the answer, as the question was about possible hirers of the thieves. We trust each other well enough that we had amicable discussions after the theft, to determine if the other had set up the thievery. Does that answer your question?"

"Mr. a'Larat, You had mentioned that your wife was very enamored with the painting. For a noble woman, your wife seems somewhat... reclusive. Of course nothing would leave this room, but we must know this for our own safety: Did you notice any changes in your wife since you had gotten the painting? Was she as ...reclusive... before you receved the painting?"
Godo's eyes widen in shock while Seran's eyes narrow in anger. As diplomatic as the question was brought forth, it may not have been too wise to bring it up. Seran hisses "How dare you...?!" before continuing, forcing himself into a calmer mood "My wife has good reaseons for her actions. The painting calms, soothes her. If it had any effect on her, it was a positive effect."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases