The Dance of Souls

Knight Otu

First Post
(I figure the Grellgo is navigable, and at that point I guess it is calm enough that travelling upstream is not too troublesome, but propably wouldn't be too fast. Cost would be 23 gp per person (1 sp per mile). The same cost would apply to Jasper. I figure travelling the Grellgo upstream would take 7 days. The weight Jasper carries puts him at medium load, which means a daily distance travelled of 24 miles unless the weight is redistributed, and 32 miles then. With the former speed, he'd slow the group to nine days, with the latter to 7 days.)

Patlin

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
Cost would be 23 gp per person (1 sp per mile).

After the realities come to light, Banion considers the 16 carefully hoarded gold pieces in his pocket, and decides he's up for walking. This would be slow, but not much affordable would be faster. A wagon might be afordable, but would take just as long. Banion ruefully realizes he can't even afford a pony!

Airwhale

First Post
"Who... is jasper?"

"Also, did someone say something about healing magic?"

OOC 1:I'm going to be in boston till sunday, but I will probably be able to post at least once a day. Also, just as a warning, the week after christmas is going to be somewhat hectic for me. If for some reason I'm not able to post, I give permission for sam to be run as an NPC.

OOC 2: Can I buy a disguise self spell before we leave?

Last edited:

Xaov

First Post
Yes Sam we are going to go buy some healing, most likely a wand of healing. Who knows what kind of monsters we will face.
OOC: Hmm what time of day is it? If it is late we may want to stay here for the night.

*Azaroth walks outside, Hastur walks up his arm and sniffs*

Well Hastur what do you make of all this? Could this be the break we are looking for? It is odd to think of how something small like this could lead to such larger and greater things.

*walks up to gur*

So you are a ranger eh? With your knowledge what would be the fastest way to get to Lathrim?

Patlin

Explorer
Banion Lorish

"I don't suppose any of you magic types could wiggle your fingers and get us horses or a boat or something? Maybe a magic carpet?"

Xaov

First Post
*Azaroth chuckles at Banion's comment*

Not quite that powerful yet. However I think we should take this time to go purchase that wand of healing. Wouldn't you agree Banion?

Knight Otu

First Post
With all formalities accounted for, the nobles and their servants leave for their carriages, and the carriages soon can be heard to depart.
The group can easily aquire the wand for Gur, but is still caught in the discussion on the means of travel.

(Just for the record, according to my reference file I set up for the characters, everyone except Banion could afford the ship travel, including Jasper. Most can comfortably do so, in fact.)

Patlin

Explorer
Xaov said:
Not quite that powerful yet. However I think we should take this time to go purchase that wand of healing. Wouldn't you agree Banion?

"Alright, let's do that first." Banion agrees. He then does so.

ooc: If others are willing to part with the funds, and someone is willing to lend Banion 7 gp, we can take the boat. Or maybe we can lower the price by hiring on to help row? In any event, upstream boat travel is a lot slower than I realized when I first suggested it. Horses would be a lot faster, and Banion's light enough he could probably sit on the back of someone's horse. Also, the mount spell is only first level... Even if the horse is only around for two hours, you can ride the horse really hard for those two hours.

SlagMortar

First Post
"If we are going to walk, I will need several more days rations, and it will be slow going with us short legged folk. I regret that I cannot afford a mount."

OOC: I'm confused as to why Jasper would slow us down. The speed of a pony is 40 ft. The speed of Beamer and Banion is 20 ft. Even if the pony is medium encumbrance, its speed is still at least 20 ft.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases