The Dance of Souls

Knight Otu

First Post
(Jasper is carrying a medium load, as far as I can see, which would slow him to 30 ft. That translates to 24 miles per day. With a light load, he has a speed of 40 ft, translating to 32 miles per day. There are two common mounts a bit faster, heavy horses at 40 miles per day, and light horses at 48 miles per day. Walking would mean a 14 day travel. So if you decide to walk, it'll be the short folk slowing everyone down. I thought about the possibility of everyone riding when I said Jasper would slow you down.)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Can I assume Banion shops without incident?

Returning with the wand, Banion presents it to Gur.

"Here you are, sir. Hopefully this will allow you to keep us all fit and sound."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Xaov said:
*walks up to gur*

So you are a ranger eh? With your knowledge what would be the fastest way to get to Lathrim?

"Fhwat? Well, I've never timed myself, but I imagine that going by road, hopefully with mounts, is the way to do it. I could try and take a short-cut, but half the time doing that ends up getting me into trouble..."

Gur remembers the night that his previous party traveled to the dwarven tunnels through the forest: Jeez... I forgot all about those spooky little men... and that creepy elf who was just sleeping there. Damn... what was up with that?"

"Serious trouble. And the weather can do a number on you. I say we had ought to just take the roads unless we are in an emergency."

Patlin said:
ooc: Can I assume Banion shops without incident?

Returning with the wand, Banion presents it to Gur.

"Here you are, sir. Hopefully this will allow you to keep us all fit and sound."

"What?"

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Creamsteak said:

"Oh my!" Banion exclaims. "When we discussed it earlier, I somehow got the impression you could use one of these things. I sure hope I didn't waste all that money! The clerics who sold us this called it a 'wand of cure light wounds.' Can any of us use one?"

ooc: OK, may have been obnoxious of me to do pretty much all my comments on this issue out of character. I'll try to avoid that from here on out. Gur, you're the only show in town for healing, if you didn't notice the earlier comments.

Xaov

First Post
I have an idea.

As opposed to each and every person getting a horse for themself perhaps we should pool our funds together to get a wagon an team of two horses.

we may not be able to move quite as fast. But we will have room to store some goods, as well as the short ones.

What do you say?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Patlin said:
"Oh my!" Banion exclaims. "When we discussed it earlier, I somehow got the impression you could use one of these things. I sure hope I didn't waste all that money! The clerics who sold us this called it a 'wand of cure light wounds.' Can any of us use one?"

"A wand?"

Gur rolls that thought in his head for at least a few minutes. Then his thoughts get side-trecked a bit. Eventually he comes back to the thought, and has to re-process it from the beginning.

"I've got no idea. I've never seen anything like that. How do you use it?"

Patlin

Explorer
Banion Lorish

"The way it was explained to me was that you hold this end firmly in your hand, touch the other end to the wounded person, and say the magic word. Your supposed to concentrate on your 'connection to nature' while you do it, whatever that means. Now, you are holding the wand, so don't repeat this or you'll waste some of the magic, but the magic word is 'Serendipity.'"

"Maybe you ought to come back to the temple with me, so you can hear the explanation first hand."

Rose Marie gestures out the door. "Jasper is my pony. And my friend."

She follows along quietly, willing to do whatever the team decides for travel.

(ooc: I'm not feeling too well so am not sure how much I'll be on the computer, so figure Rose just goes along with whatever y'all decide)

Knight Otu

First Post
Now that he holds the wand in his hands, and its function explained, Gur has an inkling that he really may be able to use it, if he wanted to.

Xaov

First Post
Well perhaps we should get an idea of what to do travel wise. It may be smart to get moving as soon as possible.

I vote for lending funds for boat travel, or getting our selves a cart. Perhaps with an ox or horses.

Last edited:

Remove ads