bestone

First Post
Str: 17-18? i dunno, i bench 300, i work out a lot
dex: 8 - im clumsy as heck
con: 14-16? comes with being healthy i think, never get sick
Int: 10 - no more than average
wis: 5 - I may be smart enough to know better, but i do it anyways
Cha: 11 - again average

As for class? well i cant cast magic, and im not very sneaky, so i'd go base class fighter....minus the feats

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Evilhalfling said:
Str 10 .. average
Dex 12 ..
Con 13 .. hours in construction and roofing
Int 14 .. IQ/10 figure -
Wis 8 .. no spot, no listen, no will power
Chr 10 .. average joe, definetly

1st commoner/1st expert
Skill focus: Kn (gaming), Shield Prof.
Kn Gaming + 5 (10) PS Construction + 5, PS Clerical 4, Kn History +4
Perform (roleplaying) + 2, Handle Animal +2, Kn Architecture +3 Kn Urban Design +2, Climb +2
Martial weapon (long sword),

Hmm: so 2 years later: (6 new ranks) 1 commoner/2? expert
Kn Local +2, Kn Urban Design +4, PS history +5, Kn Gaming +6
im missing 2 ranks and a feat - guess Im on HR advancement system.

KrazyHades

First Post
Mentally:Gnome (clever, pranking, creative, too curious for my own good)

Physically: Human (come on...but really, I'm very tall and thin, stealthy, doesn't fit in other categories except elf)

Class: not exactly sure, but I'm a duelist, arcane trickster, loremaster type of person, and lvl 25 epic DM)

12 Str (I fence regularly for a varsity team of a big fencing club, but I'm not bulging with muscles!)
Dex 15 (I've got fast, quick reactions, use precision and speed when fencing rather than strength, mostly)
Con 9 (A bit below average, because I'm so lean...6'2" and only 150 lbs.)
Wis 13 (I have a decent sense of personal grounding, and I'm sortof in tune with the world about me, but I'm no Buddha)
Int 17 (I cruise through class without studying, and I know more random crap than anybody I know)
Cha 14 (I'm considered funny in a spontaneous manner, and everyone tells me I should become a standup comedian. I'm good at bringing people to my point of view. And I can lie well. Or am I lying about that?)

That's me!

Torm

Explorer
Already been done. See my entry in Faiths and Pantheons. :cool:

More seriously, though, probably something like this:

Me
Half-Vulcan (err, I mean, Half-Elf ;)) Expert (Lawyer) 1/Expert (Computers) 11/Sorcerer 3/Bard 12/Divine Champion 1/Ex-Paladin 3
Chaotic Good
Str 8, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 14
Skill Focus: Knowledge (Popular Music)
Bardic Instrument: Oratory.
Familiar: A black cat named Familiar.

Due to a weakened immune system, takes a -4 penalty to Fort saves vs. disease.
Takes a -4 penalty to Will saves vs. the mind-affecting abilities of charismatic women.

Lest you think I am full of myself, bear in mind two things. 1. It takes 5 ranks in a skill to be able to make a living at it, according to the PHB. 2. I scaled some of this BACK out of humility. I am REEEEEEALLY full of myself. :D

Nyeshet

First Post
See my sig . . .

I've tied those tests before, been stat'ed a few times as well. Usually it ends up more or less the same:

Str penalty (-1 or -2, odd considering I can carry 50+ lbs on my shoulder a hundred paces with no effort, drag 100+ lb containers / boxes a few dozen paces before needing a pause, and briefly lift close to 100 lbs over my head (when placing said containers on tops of pallets). But I have trouble with doing numerous sit-ups or endurance running, so . . . .)

Dex usually a bonus (12-15, usually 14); not too surprising, as I have good balance, good moderately hand-eye coordination (tossing balls, darts, using that crossbow at that line of games at Busch Gardens amusement park, etc), but cannot juggle to save my life. I also tend to walk somewhat silently - due mostly to the fact that I have always tended to be the type that stays up late (and has difficulty getting up early), while, as I was growing up, the rest of my family seemed to be the opposite. I had to learn to move half way silently at night or risk getting in trouble for waking up someone or another already in bed around 10 or 11. :uhoh: :confused:

Con is usually also a slight bonus (11-13, usually 12). Considering I've been notably sick perhaps five or six times in the last 25-30 years, and that I've visited relatives sick to the point of being bed-ridden with the flu without getting ill - I suppose that this is no surprise to me. I also tend to have weaker symptoms and get well sooner when I am ill.

I tend to think at times that perhaps the tests should reverse my Dex and Con scores. I tend to think my Con is better than +1, and that my Dex is worse than +2, but when I answer the questions offered, the Dex usually ends up the higher of the two. :uhoh:

Int is usually up there a bit (14-16, usually 15). My IQ is 136, so if we go by that (and the fact that I used to know a couple other languages), then I suppose I am at least a solid 14 by that old rule about Int being based on IQ or some such. I don't have a Master's degree, but I do have a BA degree in History and nearly a BS in Computer Science. I considered anthropology, astronomy, biology, psychology, and physics while at college, but somehow I ended up gravitating towards history and comp sci. I sometimes think I should have stuck with biology (didn't like the chemistry required for it, nor the high level of math needed for physics). Neither anthropology nor astronomy had enough courses at the school I attended for more than a minor - if I took all of the courses, and many were simply not interesting. Comp Sci I ended up taking most for its versatility in the modern world. Odd how things end up . . . .

Wis always surprises me a little; I don't think of myself as exceptionally wise, but every test I take - no matter which one out there I take - places me around 15-18 (usually 16) in Wis. Perhaps I am more wise than I realize? The answers to the Wisdom determining questions such tests, however, are - in my opinion - too simple, too obvious. If they were more complex I'm sure it would show me as having a lower wisdom. On the other hand, I am very much an intuitive rather than a sensor (according to the MBTI), and that likely aids me in determining the right answer to such questions.

Cha is usually plain or a small bonus (10-13, usually 11 or 12) on such tests. I am not particularly outgoing or social, but I tend to get along well with most, can get someone to buy that one more item, put someone at ease, or just offer an ear to listen for a while. Personally, I credit all this more with my even-tempered-ness and patience more than any 'charisma', but then I may not be seeing the trees for the forest or vice versa. Or perhaps the questions are too general and need to be more specific.

As for class, nearly all tests place me as a ranger or druid. If more than the core classes were added to the list of possible outcomes, I wouldn't be surprised if scout or shaman came up, nor anything more or less nature themed. I like the outdoors, despite the little time I get to spend in it. Incidentally, probably due to its wandering nature, one test years ago pegged me as a bard. :uhoh: :eek: :lol:

The race, oddly enough, never places me as human - no matter the test. I am almost always an elf (likely due to the 'living in nature archtype that elves seem to have these days - what ever happened to 'living in a hill' elves, anyway? :\ ). When not an elf, I am usually a halfling (perhaps due to its wandering nature?). If the gnomes in the game were more like david the gnome and less like artificers / tinkerers, then I would not be surprised if gnome showed its head as a possible race for me.

As for AL, all tests place me by far and away as NG - sometimes with a slight leaning towards CG, but never enough of a leaning to even come close to tipping the scales.

So there I am.

Last edited:

DreadArchon

First Post
Machiavelli said:
Get over yourselves...
In this same fantasy game, anyone with a 16 Con should be able to survive being shot in the gut with an arrow... Yeah, sure. Go ahead and believe that.
QFT. Also, your numbers are a bit off--with a 16 Con you could survive an average critical from an arrow. Which is to say that you could take an arrow to the head and recover in under a week with some of these stat lines. Further, average for a human is 10-11 and average for an adventurer is 13-14. Many people exceed this, making them actually above the abilities of an average superhuman by their own estimations.

Me:
Paragon Half-Dragon Monk with...

No, seriously though:
Str 8 (substantially below average but not rediculously bad)
Dex 8 (terrible reflexes and hand-eye coordination, but somewhat flexible)
Con 10 (I'm fragile, but I also have good endurance, so low average)
Int 15 (I can justify this, but I can't prove it here, so...)
Wis 8 (dense as a bag of cement, sadly)
Cha 6 (utterly atrocious on all counts >_> )

The good news is, I have Good Fortitude and Will save progression. \o/

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
Hmmm...

I just took that "ability score" quiz. I'm not so sure about that thing.

Strength:

Quiz: 15 My Assessment: 14 or 15. I lift weights. According to the PHB, a 14 Str can lift 175 lbs. over his head. I've done that, so I'm pretty confident.

Dexterity:

Quiz: 14 My Assessment: I wish. I'd give myself a 12, maybe. Maybe 10. I dunno.

Constitution:

Quiz: 15 My Assessment: 12. This really depends on whether I'm on a bulking diet or cutting. When I'm trying to put on muscle, I go out of my way to avoid cardio. Once I get too fat for my own taste, I become a punching bag, cardio-machine, jogging freakshow. I don't get sick often, and when I show signs, I make sure to get 12 hours of sleep and I'm golden. I'm no olympic athlete, though.

Intelligence:

Quiz: 15 My Assessment: 14. I have an M.A. I was one of those "gifted and talented" program dorks as a kid. I do quite well on standardized tests. However, I'm no genius.

Wisdom:

Quiz: 16 My Assessment: half that--8--at best. Seriously, these tests are silly. I'm about as dense as grandma's fruitcake. I'm not terribly perceptive, I'm impulsive, and mentally lazy.

Charisma:

Quiz: 19 (????) My Assessment: uh...12, I hope. I get along well with others. I'm a teacher by trade. I often end up in leadership positions. But a 19? Come on.

As indicated by my sig, I ended up as a LG H-Orc Paladin. I remember taking it years ago and scoring as a NG H-elf Bard. That was before starting a family and giving up vegetarianism however... :uhoh:

Torm

Explorer
I just took that test, and with the exception of Con, it gave me the same ability scores I did above. And, if you take into account the -4 I gave myself for illness on Con, they were exactly the same.

I'm not sure if this means I know myself really well, or just that I am good at statting things, er whut. Hmmm.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases