Stat yourself... Off topic?? dunno.

awayfarer

First Post
Hmmm, let me see.

Strength 11: I used to work out. I don't now. A couple of eyars ago I would have said this was about a 13

Dex 10: I think I'm about average. Possibly a bit lower.

Con 16: I can drink more than most people I know (Hey, alcohol is a poison). My record is 18 drinks without even a buzz.
Furthermore, I had an operation a few years ago tthat removed a fist sized chunk of my back. I had let it go so long that it had to be taken out immediately. I was not put under and it was not fun. The doctor responsible for it had done this procedure before and said he was impressed. Apparently the majority of folks pass out.

Int 12: IQ divided by 10 right? Technically 12.5, but I'm not going to stroke my ego by rounding up. :p

Wis 14: My attention span is garbage but I think I catch on to things other people don't. For instance, I can usually tell the time without a watch, clock etc. It wierds out my girlfriend.

Cha: 10? I dunno, I get along with folks pretty well though I don't go out of my way to meet people or socialize. I think my looks are pretty mediocre.

Endur

First Post
Str 8
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 14
Wis 8
Chr 8

Because stats cover a wide range of attributes, I think any given stat could be plus or minus 4 points on the above scores.

JustKim

First Post
kolikeos said:
some people are full of themselves... duh :p
i doubt even stupid people are going to admit a low int... but i also believe most of the people here do have more than 10
I believe the formula is IQ (as determined by some online test) divided by 10, -1 for posting in a thread that's been dead for two years, -2 for posting in a thread about what your D&D stats might be.

Furby076

First Post
Yea I am in Shilsens RL campaign, so finally checked out this link (I am gareth for those who read his story

Anyhow:

Str - 17-18 (lifting max load over head) My max dead chestpress, prior to tearing a muscle in the right arm (this summer) was about 260. Since I tore the muscle I have not tried testing myself. I was always called a packmule. When in Army ROTC a few of us decided to put some red bricks into our rucksacks prior to going on a 5 mile march...the march became a 5 mile run.....I had about 10 red bricks in my rucksack, plus kevlar vest/helmet, M-16, spare military boots (ran in another set of military boots) and two sets of clothing (plus what I wore), and LBE belt. Did the run.

Dex - 10 - Yea I box...but as my coach used to say "Avi you're a brawler not a boxer". Not too graceful, but I can dance and I am not clutsy...so average.

Con - 16 - My friends and me go to the same restaurant, and share food. They all get food poisoning (hospital), and I am fine....not even a stomach ache. Plus I box, and I have never gotten a bruise (sore point). I can (and have) gone on weekend camping trips without any sleep (Army ROTC)

Int - 15 (iq 156)

Wis - 12 - I regret a few things in life, from my younger years, but not many. I can also handle most life crises issues without having mental breakdowns (never have yet)

Cha - 16 - I get more tail then a dog at a kennel. My group mates have probably met about 3 of my girlfriends in the past two years...and those don't include the girls that I did not introduce to them (not every girl can know I play dnd)

monboesen

Explorer
This is turning into an interesting social study.

Apperently it is more important to give the impression of being strong and tough than lithe, well-coordinated and agile.

It also seems that it is important to have people believe that that you are intelligent, but less important to have willpower, drive and the ability to make good decisions.

And if we accept that the standard human has ability scores of 10-11 in all scores, clearly roleplayers belong to the rare human elite who transcends regular humans on almost all points :)

Take a reality check guys and gals.

interwyrm

First Post
Yay thread necromancy.

Didn't do this before, so I will now.

CN Human Bard
Str: 11
Dex: 14/8 I'm a violinist - I'm good with my hands. I'm also grossly uncoordinated.
Con: 8 - I get sick all the time.
Int: 18 - well, I don't know if it's 180iq, but I am pretty certain I am top 1/216.
Wis: 10
Cha: 15 - no troubles here :)

Skills:
Bluff: +3
Climb: +3
Concentration: +10
Decipher Script: +5
Diplomacy: +3
Disable Device: +3
Disguise: +3
Gather Information: +6
Knowledge(Biology): +8
Knowledge(Chemistry): +10
Knowledge(Mathematics): +8
Listen +10
Perform(Act) +10
Perform(Keyboard instruments) +8
Perform(Oratory) +6
Perform(String instruments) +10
Perform(Wind instruments) +6
Perform(Sing) +8
Sense Motive: +10
Swim: +10

Feats: Jack of all trades

Flaw: Bipolar disorder
Every day, roll a d10. On a roll of 1-4, you are manic. On a roll of 5-9, you are depressed. On a roll of 10, you are normal.
when manic: wisdom drops to 3, +2 bonus to str, dex, and cha, automatically fail all will saves. Any suggestion acts as a magical suggestion.
when depressed: -2 penalty to all abilities. +2 bonus to will saves, gain 2/- dr.

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Merric Blackman
Human Bard 2/Expert 1

Strength 7 - I'm physically weak
Dexterity 13 - But I've got excellent hand-eye co-ordination
Constitution 10 - Nothing special
Intelligence 15 - I'm smart. Ish.
Wisdom 10 - Nothing special. Don't drink. Don't take drugs. Am addicted to sugar. Play D&D :)
Charisma 14 - People stay in my D&D games. For years!

Skills:
Computers +11; Craft (Musical Composition) +3; Craft (Writing) +5; Drive +3; Knowledge (history) +4; Knowledge (geography) +3; Knowledge (local) +3; Knowledge (Board Games) +11; Knowledge (RPGs) +8; Perform (RPGs) +11; Perform (Oratory) +6; Perform (Singing) +4

Feats:
Skill Focus (Computers), Skill Focus (RPGs), Skill Focus (boardgames)

Cheers!

interwyrm

First Post
About intelligence... I used the stanford-binet scale
The percentile I did as what percent of 3d6 rolls the score is better than. (So 3 is better than 0%, right?)

INT = Percentile = IQ
18 = 99.5% = 142
17 = 98% = 133
16 = 95% = 127
15 = 91% = 122
14 = 84% = 116
13 = 74% = 110
12 = 62% = 105
11 = 50% = 100
10 = 38% = 95
9 = 26% = 90
8 = 16% = 84
7 = 9% = 79
6 = 5% = 74
5 = 2% = 68
4 = 0.5% = 59
3 = 0% = -

In case anyone is interested, the cut off for...
International High IQ Society: 16.
Mensa: 17.
Triple-nine: +18.

And on the other extreme....
Borderline intellectual functioning: 6-8
Mild mental retardation: 4-5
Moderate or worse mental retardation: 3

And about 1 in 100 trillion people should have 18s in everything.

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
interwyrm said:
About intelligence... I used the stanford-binet scale
The percentile I did as what percent of 3d6 rolls the score is better than. (So 3 is better than 0%, right?)

Hmm - that gives me a 17 or 18 Int. I sort of like that. :)

Cheers!

Remove ads