Deepwater's Despair - Active - Roll Call!

Manzanita

First Post
geez, Erekose, our stats are almost identical. Mine are 17. 17. 15. 14. 13. 12. Maybe we could play twins. Anyway, I'm well into the design of my human barbarian, & would prefer not to change. There might be room for two. Sargon will pobably multiclass as a fighter.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ashy, Speed-Stick, I shall put you on the alternate list.

The Storm domain is from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, as I bogarted most of their pantheon for my homebrew. ;)

Verbatim

Explorer
Sign me up as an alt as well...I hated having to drop out while I was playing Jabin, and would love a second shot in one of the games.

Thanks...

Manzanita

First Post
First draft on my PC - feedback welcome

Character Name: Sargon
Character Race: Human
Character Class(es) : Barbarian
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: Kord
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 220 lb.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Black

Character Level: 1
EXP Points Gained: 0
EXP Needed For Next Level: 1000

Known Languages : Common, orc, goblin, Illiteracy

-------------------------------------------------------

Strength : 17 (+3)
Dexterity : 17 (+3)
Constitution : 15 (+2)
Intelligence : 14 (+2)
Wisdom : 12 (+1)
Charisma : 13 (+1)

Armor Class: 17 [BASE (10) + ARMOR (4) + DEX (3)]

Flatfooted AC: 14
Touch AC: 13

AC Penalty: -2
Maximum DEX bonus: +4
Armor Type & Weight: Chain Shirt (25 lb.)

Hit Points : 14

Base Speed: 40'/round [Fast Movement]

Total Encumbrance: lb. - [Light Load to 86 lbs]

Normal Speed: 40'/round

Save vs. Fortitude: +4 [BASE (+2) + CON (+2)]
Save vs. Reflex: +3 [BASE (+0) + DEX (+3)]
Save vs. Will: +1 [BASE (+0) + WIS (+1)]

Special Save Notes : +2 to Will Saves when in 'Rage'

Initiative Modifier : +3 [DEX (3)]

Melee Attack Bonus : +4 [BAB (1) + STR (3)]

Ranged Attack Bonus : +4 [BAB (1) + DEX(3)]

Weapons :

Glaive | +4 melee attack | 1d10+4 damage | [x3] critical | Slashing damage

Dagger | +5 melee or +3 ranged attack | 1d4+4 damage | 19-20 [x2] critical | 10' range | piercing damage

Throwing Axe | +5 melee or +3 ranged attack | 1d6+4 damage | [x2] critical | 10' range | Slashing damage

Weapon Weight: 13 lb.

Skills :

Total Skill Points Earned = 28

Skill Name - Skill Total, number of Ranks and/or Racial Modifier

Climb +7 (STR) ** 4 Ranks
Intimidate +3 (CHA) ** 4 Ranks
Jump +7 (STR) ** 4 Ranks
Listen +3 (WIS) ** 4 Ranks
Survival +3 (WIS) ** 4 Ranks
Swim +6 (str) ** 3 ranks (less weight mod)
Handle Animal +5 (chr) ** 4 ranks
Ride +4 (dex) ** 1 rank

Feats :

Feats = 2

Feat Name & Description:

Combat reflexes

Endurance

Racial and Class Skills & Abilities:

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A barbarian is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields).

Fast Movement (Ex): A barbarian’s land speed is faster than the norm for his race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when he is wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying the barbarian’s speed because of any load carried or armor worn.

Illiteracy: Barbarians are the only characters who do not automatically know how to read and write. A barbarian may spend 2 skill points to gain the ability to read and write all languages he is able to speak.
A barbarian who gains a level in any other class automatically gains literacy. Any other character who gains a barbarian level does not lose the literacy he or she already had.

Rage (Ex): A barbarian can fly into a rage a certain number of times per day. In a rage, a barbarian temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but he takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class.

Extra Feat: Humans gain one bonus feat at 1st level.

Extra Skill Points: Humans gain four bonus skill points at 1st level, then one extra skill point at each level thereafter.

Equipment & Gear:

Travelers Outfit (0 lbs)
Signal whistle (0 lbs)

Backpack [Holds] (2 lbs)
6 days rations (6 lbs)
Winter Blanket (3 lbs)
Bedroll (5 lbs)
Torch (1 lbs)
Waterskin (4 lbs)

Belt Pouch [Holds] (.5 lbs)
Flint & Steel (0 lbs)
Tinder Twigs (0 lbs)

Belt Pouch [Holds] (.5 lbs)
WhetStone (1 lbs)

Armor weight: 25 lbs
Weapon Weight: 13 lbs
Equipment Weight: 23 lbs
Total Weight: 61 lbs

Carrying Capacity: -- Light Load up to 86 lb. | Med Load 172 lb. | Heavy Load 258 lb.

Money : 0 PP | 11 GP | 2 SP | 7 CP

Character History:
Sargon awoke with a start. The pain in his hand was gone, but where was he?

He looked about in confusion. He was in some sort of arcane laboratory. An old man in black robes, with bones through his ears stood over him, looking elated.

“Ah! You awake! Welcome back to life Sargon the Overking, demon slayer, destroyer of the lich Anamaxakatra, killer of the red dragon Ataxeres! Awake to your new life!”

This wizard was clearly deranged. Sargon had never seen a demon or dragon, let alone killed one. He flipped neatly to his feet beside the cot on which he lay. He realized he was completely naked. Yet the two heavily armored guards took a step back. They were afraid of him, he realized.

“Relax, relax. Sit down.” Commanded the necromancer in his nasal voice. “We have much to discuss. We have a world to conquer. You are Sargon Dragon Bane. You lived nearly 1000 years ago in these very lands. And you are perhaps the greatest warrior ever to live. Come work with me. There is much to conquer. The current kingdom is corrupt. I have the arcane ability to do what must be done, but I need a capable warrior to lead my forces. You will be well rewarded for your efforts.”

Sargon had no interest in this. He bolted for the door, his mouth letting out a scream of rage. As he suspected, the two armed guards had no interest in crossing this naked youth, and stepped aside in fear. Dashing out the door, Sargon leapt out a small window, almost to his death. Fortunately, he was able to catch a tree branch and alight on the ground with no broken bones. He saw a horse, and ran towards it. The groom seemed unaccustomed to naked men attacking him in these well-groomed estate. Sargon jerked the reins from his hand, and rode to freedom.

Later having sold his horse and its ornamental accoutrements for a tidy sum, he set off to find his place in this strange and unfamiliar world. He purchased armor and weapons suitable for traveling the roads.

He’s hard pressed to believe the reasons for his marvelous rebirth. But clearly someone took a lot of bother to resurrect him, and will probably try to get him back. As such, Sargon watches his back, though he doesn’t bother to change his name. He’s currently suspicious of a certain cloaked figure whom he has seen several times recently. He hasn’t seen a face, but his hands have plentiful reddish hair, and he carries several axes. A bounty hunter of sorts, perhaps.

OOC: I envision Sargon was the greatest warrior of his era, nearly 1000 years ago. (I'm basing him on a 1E PC I played for years around junior high, who reached the improbably fighter level of 34) Attempting to bring him back to life as his servent, the mighty necromancer Omega managed to locate a piece of his body in the bay of . Using a specialized clone spell, Omega was able to bring Sargon back to life. Unfortunately for Omega, the piece of Sargon he had located was a finger bitten off by a crocodile in a hunting accident when Sargon was a mere youth. Long before his glory days. As such he resurrected a 1st level barbarian.

While some bards and elves remember Sargon and his crew, most people probably would not. (of course that’s your decision.) Sargon himself thinks it unlikely that he could ever have been such a hero and is dismissive of this legend (should he hear about it). Why did the necromancer resurrect him? Had Sargon become a cruel conquorer later in life? Did he expect Sargon to know where his great sword Godslayer was hidden? I’m trying not to know more than Sargon would know.

Born and raised in near the Sea of Song about 1000 years ago, near the Firespine mountains, Sargon’s tribe fought humanoids and occationally set their longships onto the sea for raids.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases