Deepwater's Despair

carhesl

First Post
Korrim, sitting quietly, notes the entry of an elf who also seems to be watching the two halflings and the big warrior.
The elf sits at a table adjacent to Korrim.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Thrak looks at the group and gives a broad smile, showing fairly impressive tusks for a half-orc. He starts hauling out mugs from a shelf and begins to fill them from a barrel behind the counter as he talks.*

"Belike, ale be two copper, meal of stew 'n bread be five copper. Be wantin' somethin' a mite fancier, I got a couple of coneys in the larder I could roast up wit' some taters and leeks and turnips. Silver fer that," Thrak explains, doling out ale and making change as for those who need it with hands far more nimble than his large frame would suggest.

~~~~~

*Entering the Empty Barrel, Fluke finds that miraculously the latest horse caravan managed to deposit several guards here for the night. You've never been able to catch them before they've taken off again. It looks like tonight's your night...*

~~~~

*Tyralis finds the stableboy gives him almost an embarassment of thanks when he drops the silver into the lad's hands, and he practically swears on his life's blood to not let a thing come to harm. Inside the small tavern is a small crowd, liberally covered with road dust, ordering food and drink from the half-orc at the bar.*

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon

"Roast them coneys up, my good man. That sounds great!" Sargon turns to the others. "Let's have a seat with our ales and chat a bit. Food tastes better the hungrier you are."

dead_radish

Explorer
*Tyralis waits by the bar for the group to finish ordering, doing his best to ignore them completely, and avoid arousing any suspicion.* He's only human, but he may be observant. The barbarian types often are. *He orders the stew and bread, and an ale, taking a seat that doesn't face Sargon and the rest (preferably at the bar). If he notices Fluke come in, he will strike up a conversation with him as well.*

ender_wiggin

First Post
Torug Skyhammer

*The halfling picks up his mug of ale, which is larger than a pitcher on his scale, and tilts it. You can see his adam's apple bobbing up and down rapidly, and he spills not a drop.*

Taking a seat with the others, he says, "Aye. Food tastes better the more ale you got."

*Waiting for the food, Torug drinks a little more, wrinkling his nose as some of the dust and grime gets into his face. If he notices Tyralis eavesdropping or watching them too carefully, he'll mention it to the others, but is at the moment too tired to do anything about it.*

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
*Opening the door, Fluke is happy to see so many potential employees. Perhaps his gamble will pay of this time. He smiles to himself as he approaches the nearest empty table. Grabbing one of the chairs and nodding to Thrak, Fluke climbs up on top of the chair so that he can be seen by the patrons of the Empty Barrel. To those paying any attention to their surroundings they see a short, skinny halfling dressed in a grey cloak and sporting thin dark hair stand up on one of the chairs, barely over the heads of those larger folk in the room. Clearing his throat, Fluke begins, *

"Dear patrons, as a member of the Alchemist's Guild and the Adventurer's Guild and on behalf of our noted citizen Keylaran Fairweather I have a proposition. Recently a number of caravans travelling to and from Deepwater have gone missing. Ms. Fairweather has offered a reward to any adventurers willing to join me to discover and correct the cause of this situation. Any one who is interested in helping out our fine community please join me here."

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon

Sargon chuckles at Turug's comment, although his eyes are mostly on Thrak. I wonder if I could take that one. The bigger they are, the harder they fall....
"Where I come from, the ale's not so good."

*Sargon puts down his mug at Fluke's announcement.* "There you go, guys. I knew there'd be no shortage of adventure for us."

ender_wiggin

First Post
"Well, if no one here has any objections, I wouldn't mind some skull-bashin'. Heh. Ye can count me in."

*With that, Torug takes another long swig of his drink.*

Remove ads