Deepwater's Despair

ender_wiggin

First Post
"I dun like bows and arrows as much as a good club, but Talos'll look after me if we get in a scrap..." says the halfling, responding to elf's question.

"Since y'all seem to be set on that plan o' yers, I guess I have little choice," he says with a cheery smile.

[OOC: the only players we seem to have lost are the ones that we started this game for. Ironic, but I still want to play.]

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon

"So. If everyone agrees with my plan, let's get to it. Fluke, can you purchase all the healing potions we can afford. I donated my entire front money to that cause. Perhaps some others could donate as well. Then we must find a map, and find out the location of the last ambush. We should be able to do that today. Then we'll set out first thing in the morning."

Erekose13

Explorer
In reply to Sargon, Fluke says, "Yup I'll go buy them, Korrim if you want to join me that would be helpful. You might know some of the local priests better than I. The temple of Fharlagan should have some, so we'll go there. The map I have here, so I think we are all set. We can go as soon as you want, heck I'm ready now pretty much." He is a little eager as he has been sitting around Keylaran's shop and if you think she is insufferable normally, she has been impossible to live with after the loss of her stuff.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The church of Fharlaghn is a sturdy wooden affair, carved by a hundred different travelers, and showing styles from all over Low'verok. Inside it is much the same, put together from woods brought from all parts of the land. The priest, Father Walker, is pacing in a circle at the front of the church, a kind of walking prayer done by priests of the Traveler.*

ender_wiggin

First Post
"Aye," nods the halfling to the ones left outside Keyleran's shop. "Should we leave now, or tomorrow morn?"

[OOC: since we arrived sometime during the day, I'm getting the image that it's either afternoon or dusk right now.]

Erekose13

Explorer
*Fluke approaches Father Walker slowly, hoping the priest will notice him without having to interrupt. If he doesn't Fluke waits calmly off to the side, trying very very hard not to begin pacing too, his innate restlessness warring with his patience.*

*At the first opportunity he asks, "Father Walker, sir, my companion and I were wondering if you might have a few elixirs of healing available for us. We are leaving soon to try and put a stop to the recent bandit activity near Deepwater and feel that we might need to have our bases covered."

Mordane76

First Post
ender_wiggin said:
"Aye," nods the halfling to the ones left outside Keyleran's shop. "Should we leave now, or tomorrow morn?"

[OOC: since we arrived sometime during the day, I'm getting the image that it's either afternoon or dusk right now.]

"I'd err on the side of caution and say we should leave in the morning. We might lose a few hours on the tracks, but they'll have to rest as well, and better light should provide better conditions for tracking and avoiding an ambush... if they happen to get the drop on us," Prendalin says.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Erekose13 said:
*Fluke approaches Father Walker slowly, hoping the priest will notice him without having to interrupt. If he doesn't Fluke waits calmly off to the side, trying very very hard not to begin pacing too, his innate restlessness warring with his patience.*

*At the first opportunity he asks, "Father Walker, sir, my companion and I were wondering if you might have a few elixirs of healing available for us. We are leaving soon to try and put a stop to the recent bandit activity near Deepwater and feel that we might need to have our bases covered."
"Of course m'lad. I'd be happy to supply your group with a potion apiece, if they would care to give a pittance to the church when they have the funds. I'm glad there's finally some native Deepwater folk going out to take care of these bandits. If I wasn't so old, I might go with you. Come, come, let me get them here..." Father Walker says, and goes to an enclosed shrine at the front of the church. From it he pulls several bottles of a slightly bubbly, honey-colored liquid in glass bottles. They're sealed with wax and marked with a green healing symbol. Father Walker will give one for each person in the party. "Pray to Fharlaghn that you are able to make the roads safe once again, my son."

OOC - It's late afternoon, about three o'clock.

Erekose13

Explorer
”Thank you father. We really appreciate your blessings, I will pass them on to the group.” Fluke replies, pocketing the potions.

*He nudges his belt pouch feeling just a little guilty for not paying for the potions up front. The priest did say that they could pay later, so Fluke promised himself to remember his debt. In the mean time it wouldn’t hurt to keep the money that the others had given him for safekeeping would it?*

*Fluke offers a quick prayer to Fharlangan, not really sure what to say as he has never really paid heed to the god. Then he heads back out to the rest of the group with Korrim.*

”Hello all, I have a potion for each of us.” *He hands them each one.* ”Well, shall we head out now? Or did you want to rest the night before heading out early in the morning? If so I am going to see what other information I can find out in town. Perhaps look into further rewards from the other merchants who have been attacked as well.” he says to the others.

Remove ads