Dwarven Forge Resin Sets

tennyson

First Post
I've just been to www.dwarvenforge.com, checking out there different tile sets and accessories. Man, are they cool!!! The price however, is not so cool. I'm assuming they're well built and I'm sure the fact that they're pre-painted adds to the cost. Does anyone know any retailers or distributors that may be selling this stuff (or related things) at a cheaper price? Thanks in advance!

ThomasBJJ

First Post
I have ALOT of master maze stuff. Probably at least $400 worth. It is great, its sturdy, looks beautiful, and is fun to collect.
...However... I almost never use it in my game, because it is too hard to set up quickly, and the high walls make it difficult to see whats going on unless you are looking straight down on it. Also, it is difficult to make some rooms because of limitations of the set, you just cant do some things.

Other problems: Doors suck, alot of the pieces do not fit together well (ie big gaps or misaligned). Very expensive.

One thing I DO use alot are the accessories like barrels, crates, tables and chairs, stone pilars, etc. Use those EVERY game, and you can usually buy them individually (but its cheaper to get a set of them).

Zander

Explorer
tennyson said:
I've just been to www.dwarvenforge.com, checking out there different tile sets and accessories. Man, are they cool!!! The price however, is not so cool. I'm assuming they're well built and I'm sure the fact that they're pre-painted adds to the cost. Does anyone know any retailers or distributors that may be selling this stuff (or related things) at a cheaper price? Thanks in advance!

I have some of the Dwarven Forge stuff. It looks great, but as you noticed, it's pretty expensive. I asked the people at Dwarven Forge if they had considered selling it unpainted at a cheaper price. They replied that because they make the sets in the Far East, they wouldn't be noticeably cheaper if they sold them unpainted.

As for alternatives, I highly recommend Ainsty. It comes unpainted, looks as good as Dwarven Forge, is more versatile and costs a lot less. The link is:

http://www.ainsty.co.uk

They're in the UK, so I don't know if it's still cheaper once you factor in overseas shipping.

Hope that helps anyway.

Ayrk

First Post
tennyson said:

We sell the Dwarven Forge stuff at 25% off retail price. Let us know if you are interested.

Personally, I like using www.Hirst Arts.com molds for my dungeon creating. A little more work but much more flexible.

Battle On.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases