Jet Li no longer missing in aftermath of Asian tsunami tragedy

Klaus

First Post
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19037

Martial arts star Jet Li was on vacation with his family in the Maldives. His agent is trying to get a hold on him, but has so far been unsuccessful, due to the country's devastation after the tsunamis. For now, Jet's name is in the missing person list.

:(

UPDATE: As reported at the link above, Jet Li managed to contact his brother, so apparently the entire Li family is OK.

Last edited:

So how many major actors have been lost in various tragedies?

I seem to recall that Jackie Chan was almost at the WTC at the time of the attack, but the shoot was delayed.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There are now an estimated 33,000 dead. Mr. Li is just one person. I don't see why he should be of particular concern over the others.

Joker[ZW]

First Post
Different people care differently about others, I think thats quite normal.
Or do you want to tell others whothey should care for?

The important thing is not, that he is one person, but that he is a person. That is all that is needed for someone to be more concerned about him than about someone else. Just as others won't care as much for him as for others.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Umbran, I don't think there's a particular lack of empathy when someone looks for news on a single person, even if they're just a movie star.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Umbran said:
There are now an estimated 33,000 dead. Mr. Li is just one person. I don't see why he should be of particular concern over the others.

He is not, I think it is in human nature that wants to put a face to a disaster, while this tragedy is horrible and staggering in scope it is still seen as far away and the people affected remain unknown, if you hear a name of someone you know (even if an actor) it makes it somehow personal.

Remove ads