Typical game menu?

sircaren

Explorer
I thought this might be interesting to know. What's your typical game food? I have two groups, and the fare varies between the two heh.

Group A

Lots of pop
Pizza
Chinese
KFC(Fried Chicken)
mexican
american grilled(on my grill :D - hamburgers/steak/and such)
Chips
Cookies (Last week we had sugar wafers, yummy)
FUNIONS (EVERY week heh)
Grapes (for the healthy ones, ick)

Group B
Lots of Pop
Lots of beer (couple players like to drink when they play :D)
Usually Pizza
Not much in the way of junk food heh

I'm sure, especially in other countries, this menu will vary. So what does your group eat during your four-ten(or more) hours of fantasy?

[EDIT]
Oh yea, Iowa, USA here. Deep in the heartlands baby. And it's corn not potatoes :D

[/EDIT]

Last edited:

The Kender

First Post
I'm under 21, so I have to go with group A. We played during lunch. Whatever is on the menu for the day at school

Last edited:

Bagpuss

Legend
The US drinking age is 21. I still find that so funny, so when do they allow you to drive and vote do they wait until your thirty?

Dorittos and mango chuckney dip or a selection of dips.
Coke, Fanta or Dr Pepper (oh and Sprite Lite for the ladies).
Coffee.
Mr Kipling's exceedingly good cakes.
Occasionally Pizza (if we haven't eaten before the game).

We tend not to drink beer since we drive home afterwards, and only an dangerous idiot drinks if they are going to drive a car later that evening.

How could I forget....

and Chocolate Biscuits of course! (Provided by the mice on the mouse organ).

Last edited:

Pigeon

First Post
There is a shop directly over the road from me that has weekly specials on various items, so when my players come over they invariably stop over in order to buy snacks. This leads to some intersting game menus as they all have an eye for a bargin. For example in last weeks session I had players eating:

Jungle Bannana Gummies
Rajal mini popadoms
Dorito's and dip
Humbugs
slices of processed cheese.

Asa nurse i can tell you that is all part of a healthy diet, and contains 300% of the recomended daily dose of flavoring E449567

zilch

First Post
Dorritoes
Celery Sticks
Carrots
Other stuff you stick in dips... Bread Sticks?
Dip, Dip, and more dip. Spicier the better.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
We drink from a big communal bottle of Black Barrel Scotch, and eat either something we order in (pizza is fairly common) or something we buy at the little store downstairs.

There was a time when I would make Beef Jerky with my dehydrator...that tende to go over pretty well.

Bagpuss

Legend
We have three different spellings of "Doh! Rittos" in the space of three posts. You know this means I'm going to have to go out a buy a packet just to check which is right.

Last edited:

Garmorn

Explorer
The Mature gaming group eats......

lets me think, that list would include the likens of steaks, rommon noodle soup, lasagna, home cooked fired chicken, homemade bread, and any thing else our group wants to cook. :)

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
I suppose we count as 'mature' but we generally don't drink at the table during a game.

To quench the thirst, mostly Coke, Pepsi, or Gingerale. Sometimes tea or coffee, or even more simply, filtered water.

To satisfy the hungry, pizza (from Toppers, or Papa Lou's, two local purveyers of pizza), though sometimes we branch out and do KFC or McD's or Chinese. More rarely, we grab a family-sized frozen dinner meal, like lasagna, and have that.

Snacks include various chips (jalepeno, smokey bacon, chedder, or plain w/dip), Pringles, leftover halloween candies, and lately uber-chocolate chip cookies - whatever we have on hand. We've also developed a taste for either sour jelly candy strings or fruit-flavored licorice, which appears in abundence at the local convienence store.

But tomorrow ... ahh, tomorrow, since I am jobless and have a lot of free time on my hands, the boys are getting home-made pizza, complements of me. Can't wait. :D

Remove ads