Hard Fight...Easy Fight

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Well, I am wondering if this is a good idea. In todays game the main BBEG is a very powerful Half-Orc Fighter who has complete elemental immunity, a spell that brings him back to full health when he dies and it will do this twice, and in his chamber you can not use flying magic. In addition he will have six monk followers. Now this would be the hard fight, but if the PCs choose to give an ice being they meet along the way a weapon that causes enemies blood to freeze, he will make the upcoming fight ten fold less difficult. So, that means the Fighter/Rogue would have to give up one of his sabers in order to make the fight easier. Meaning that that Half-Orc would lose all of the above mentioned stuff. Does this sound like a good ideas?

Oh, yes I know he may not do it, but it is just an idea.

shilsen

Adventurer
Will your PCs have any information which would lead them to take the approach you mentioned? Or is it going to be arbitrary? If it's the latter, it sounds like a pretty lousy idea to me. It seems like one of those "find baddie's one special weakness" approach, which can be sometimes be well-done, but can often work out badly in execution.

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
shilsen said:
Will your PCs have any information which would lead them to take the approach you mentioned? Or is it going to be arbitrary? If it's the latter, it sounds like a pretty lousy idea to me. It seems like one of those "find baddie's one special weakness" approach, which can be sometimes be well-done, but can often work out badly in execution.

Heh, I am going to make up some RP stuff lthat the being will say like.

"His body will no longer endure under the elements. He will fall easily under your blade, and you will be able to soar as high as an eagle, where as you were binded to the ground before. His minions will not be there when he most needs them, and they will find themselves wishing they had worn more warm clothing."

And that was just off the top of my head. :)

Ricochet

Explorer
Sounds like a computer game end-boss.

Make sure the players have an idea that this guy will respawn several times, it could really make people lose their tempers if they are not forewarned

"oh no, not AGAIN!"

But several options is always a good idea, and it sounds kinda cool for sure!

Remove ads